Ebay sellers...

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

As we know, sometimes dealers put the price up to silly figures to put people off while they re-stock -so they don't have to cancel and relist (which I believe costs them).

However there's something fishy here, all the prices of the items I've looked at (about 20 of the 227K listed) seem to be about x10 times too expensive, perhaps a conversion error as the bits come from USA even though the seller is in UK..

So I looked at the first 5 feedbacks listed, they were all satisfied customers, although 1 had asked for and got a refund, but viewing the original listings for the items they all said "The listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available". How can that happen?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted by supertigrefan on 21/02/2019 20:31:36:

It always rings alarm bells when I see in the description, "Study photos carefully".

Especially if they're so out of focus you can't even identify the engine easily.

I've never understood why so many adverts/posts on eBay are so terse. In this case they don't even give the weight, engine or as far as I cans see the wing span. There's no limit on the word count so why not use it to persuade potential buyers what a great item you're offering.

I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole.

Geoff

A bit of care what you say, they may well be on here!!

Besides you have pictures to go by if you like what you see go for it! The comment about the wing not fitting, quite often sellers just place the plane together not fix it together for the pictures. I have bought a few from ebay with NO PROBLEMS. Sometimes people are to quick to judge.

I have a PZ Spitfire, or rather a Frankenfire - made from 3 crashed PZ Spits, to make a good working one - then to take it further, as had no electric motors for it, fitted an IC engine.

At least it looks the part and actually works!"

The rear bit is off a spit someone crashed at Weston Park years ago - gave me the servos still in the wing and remainder of the rear fuz, Chris donated the missing front end and covers, and a few bits I found somewhere.

Still have a genuine one, electric....

engpkspit (3).jpg

This has been for sale for a while, no takers. For £180...

ebay2.jpg

Edited By Paul Marsh on 22/02/2019 18:07:38

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 21/02/2019 21:20:01:
Posted by supertigrefan on 21/02/2019 20:31:36:

It always rings alarm bells when I see in the description, "Study photos carefully".

Especially if they're so out of focus you can't even identify the engine easily.

I've never understood why so many adverts/posts on eBay are so terse. In this case they don't even give the weight, engine or as far as I cans see the wing span. There's no limit on the word count so why not use it to persuade potential buyers what a great item you're offering.

I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole.

Geoff

Here you are Geoff.

f:1&frcectupt=true">https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Foot-Boat-Pole-Complete-With-Hook-Narrowboat-Barge-Canalboat/273556247525?hash=item3fb13913e5:g:QCYAAOSwl9BWILiZ:rk:2f:1&frcectupt=true

devil

Posted by Keith Sharples on 22/02/2019 17:48:36:

A bit of care what you say, they may well be on here!!

Besides you have pictures to go by if you like what you see go for it! The comment about the wing not fitting, quite often sellers just place the plane together not fix it together for the pictures. I have bought a few from ebay with NO PROBLEMS. Sometimes people are to quick to judge.

Are you the seller of the odd bits of different origins?

Edit. more to the point, some one approaches, " can you try this out for me mate";

Edited By Don Fry on 22/02/2019 20:09:17

• 2 months later...