Advert

Hi Seamus,
I've got one 'nearly' finished - the last bits of Flair Scouts seem
to take ages to get done!
I enjoyed building it but I found it necessary to add a few extra
bits to the fuselage structure to support some of the top formers
as it seemed very fragile without them.
The rear fuselage top sheeting around the cockpit needs a bit
of care to fit but it all goes together well enough.
Pyramid Models do a nice set of Legionaire decals.

I think this model has a thinner section than the others in the range, and as such isn't such a good flyer.

Anyone else heard this?

BTW I have build the Puppeteer and Magnatilla, both lovely to build & fly.

Andy

Edited By Andy Green on 07/02/2012 10:55:21

• 2 years later...

I have to agree mine was a dream to fly but a nightmare on the ground. I even toyed with locking the wheels to an axle so they spun together but sold it on before modifying it. Imine had a Enya 60Fs for power with a 14 x 7 prop.

The only other critisismof the construction was the flimsy sesquiplane. I overcame this by having them made from veered foam .Good luck ,hope your quick on the rudder during take off.

Posted by Wilco Wingco on 01/01/2015 15:56:18:

Can anybody tell me what the movement should be on all flying surfaces are please. I have checked the paln and can't see them any where.

Cheers Chaps

Happy New Year

Initial recommendations, measured at trailing edge in each case:

Aileron - 14mm each way.
Elevator - 20mm "
Rudder - 40mm "

Posted by Phil Green on 05/01/2015 20:15:24:

I did think about that but never tried it. Often you'd be holding full opposite rudder and it still wouldn't straighten up.

Unless you catch the swing straight away all the rudder you have got won't help and this is where the gyro helps catching that swing almost before it starts. Another trick employed on early aircraft was the "ploughshare" shoe on the tail skid, a metal blade that ran fore and aft on the skid and dug into the ground resisting sideways movement until the tail lifted and flight controls became effective.

• 1 month later...
Posted by Jon Harper on 06/01/2015 09:59:13:

I built one about 18 months ago. It is a bit of a swine on the ground but I enjoy flying it very much. Saito 45 for power and no bother.

I did ad a sprung undercarriage as this helps massively with the ground handling

Hi Jon

I am just finishing some repairs to the wing on mine. The damage was caused by a really bad ground loop. You said you added a sprung U/C which helps. Did you do this with rubber bands attaching the axle to the U/C? I did this on my Madock. If not how did you do it.

Peter