Summer's finally here, how much flying are you getting in?

Advert

Unfortunately not a lot lately due to having a car accident and fracturing one of my vertebrae 3 weeks ago, just been doing a bit of light building instead.

Hopefully i will try to go on tuesday if i feel up to it.

Dean

Got out Wednesday and Thursday afternoon with my foamy!!

Gor plenty of flights in right up untill I had a rudder linkage failure... Cant do aeros without a working rudder!!!!!!

Ah well. Back at work over the weekend and not to bothered as its really quite windy up here in Derbyshire!!!

Dave

I had a phase 6 professional years ago. Was my second plane, and taught myself to fly on it. Remembered launcing it and kept flying it until I was happy enough to start aerobatics and landing, eventually. Pity I sold it, even suffered a mid-air with a friends Blob.

well more--flying today, breezy as it could be, but right down the strip--ish, flown the TA152 loads, held the down in, still lifted in 5 foot, wing went up, and it was all over, wing in half, bulkhead ripped out, tailplane half ripped off, shame, great model wrecked by an impatient idiot, my YT stuff would have flown in this as well, ho hum,

Glorious weather all week - and I was in the office. Now it's the w/end and it's blowing about 20mph, gusting to 30. Great for slope soaring, but the nearest slopes for an Easterly are a bit of a trek. Tomorrow looks better, but I'm out for the day...

Next weekend - no flying on Saturday as 100,000 people invade our site to watch some horses running about. Sunday/Monday/Tuesday possible, depending on how quickly the post-Derby clearup happens and the full-size heliport gets dismantled.

Alan - your description sounds just like my early experiences of slope soaring. Landing was significantly different to landing the power models that I was used to, so I too solved that problem by simply not landing until I was ready to go home.teeth 2 I seem to be getting better at it now.

Edited By John Privett on 26/05/2012 16:58:19

Bah

Just before the good weather struck, I was struck by illness, so the best weather this year has eluded me. Yet feeling so ill I just did nor care.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be well enough to go to the field, if only to watch, having managed to walk to get my newspaper today..

Thursday evening was brilliant, absolute calm.

Cub LP, Champ and Cub carbon SS.

all I can say it was like heaven on earth, could not have asked for better. When the 35 gram Champ flies like it is indoors you know it's calm!

Challenged myself by using the goalposts as gates for turns. Loops from under the cross bar and horizontal 8's around the verticals, so much fun, just a shame I was on my own ...

Rgds

Billy No Mates

Currently in North Wales ... too damn windy 

Edited By avtur on 26/05/2012 19:32:38

So far in the week, working all day get home at 5, monday had my little lad, tuesday extra work on, weds went flying - got to field had one short flight and the mist closed in couldnt see 20 metres, thurs had to sort garden, friday had little lad again and todays been blowing a hooley, too much to do and soooooo little time but i WILL make up for it tomorrow !

Flying in the gales Friday evening. Turbulent as ground level, but no problems once above 100 feet. A beautiful evenings flying and I had the entire field to myself. Good practice for my 'A' test due very soon..

Hopefully flying again tomorrow morning.

Martyn

Had a good session on Friday morning before the wind picked up a tad too much. Finally got the Matrix trimmed out a bit better and added a bit of weight to the tail of my Wot 4 which has improved the handling a bit. Now working nights this weekend so nothing more for me until Monday. Then I'll have a whole afternoon and evening available as long as the weather holds out.

Andy

Was flying today and was asked by a club member if i would test fly his new ( 2nd hand to him )

turbine jet.

i explained i had not flown a jet before.

to which he replied ive seen you fly and feel you can handle it......

oh boy what a buzz it was....

after a few taxi runs and setting up the nose wheel for tracking.

i went for the flight, takeoff was awsome and once up she only needed 3 clicks up elevator...then oh no she flamed out...so i gently turned her to the patch and she just came cruising in no problems with a buetiful landing....to which i recieved a round of applause from my fellow club members......so not only did i do my 1st jet flight i also did a dead stick landing with a perfect 3 point landing....i was chuffed....

we found the problem the clunck in the tank has an issue....myself and the owner will look at it this week and return to site to complete it's test flight.

what a great day.

was flying my seagull yak 54 which is running a crrc 26cc petrol too and getting to grips with that....awsome day out.

Gary.

Gary, that sounds like the sort of event that would have had me in need of a sit down and a cold beer afterwards!

ive been getting a couple of evenings over at the flats every week for a while, 2-3 hours of pretty constant flying every time. Bliss! After what felt like weeks of constant rain is nice to see the gallon of fuel start to go down

r.