Flying Goals for 2013

cymaz

My main mission for thr first half of this year is to stop staring at my Stampe and finish it, get it in the air and get it down to Greenacres.

At the same time I need to get this irritating thing called my A out the way, weather permitting this year, already flying solo so shouldn't be a biggy just a formality.

Get to more than just one show this year and attend a few fly ins.

Get the workshop built now its been delivered I suppose, and let the rest of the family have some house back.

Try and find time to build a Tucano for Greenacres, failing that and the first item on my list I'm still gonna be there, I need to see Cymaz's Stampe!

Advert

I actually restarted mine yesterday after a few months off, got some very frustrating jobs, and got sick of things not working out and lost interest, but I can't believe how much I have got done in the last 2 days, in fact the main structural work is done, just waiting for glue to dry as we speak in my servo mount system, control lines all fitted, all sufaces hinged (except ailerons thats tonights job).

Pretty much just detailing work now and then covering and more detailing.

Had 2 boxes of brand new litho plates delivered over xmas and keep coming up with thoughts for them to go on the Stampe lol.

The enthusiasm has definately returned

Lol don't say that Danny! the halfway bit or the (only) 20 weeks bit!

Never used Litho plate material for anything other than its intended purpose before, so I can see a Steep learning curve coming up, so don't be disappointed if its still in its basic form at Greenacres lol

But determined to give it a go.

and sorry for hijacking the thread Cymazblush

Er..no I am pretty sure you don't. You will need ID though photo. You will really get a kick in the kidneys on take off, brilliant.

1. Get my Stampe finished
  2. Work on my turnarounds and straight lines
  3. Take the Meteor to some other flying sites

More in Feb!!!

Posted by Paul Marsh on 27/01/2013 20:30:24:

My flying goal is to go on a commercial flight. Never been on a passenger flight in my life. Problem is that I don't have a passport. Just wondered if you need it for internal flights, say from Manchester to Luton, for example?

Take a tip and find somewhere local that you can go up for a trial lesson in a light aircraft. Then you will really expeience FLYING rather than sitting in a smooth bus.

I thought you guys didn't need a passport anywhere within the EU these days. Or do they want one when you go by air?

But as Peter says, a light plane flight would be more the thing for a first experience anyway. Gliders are good too, and you don't have to worry about the engine stopping.

As for me...my ambition at the moment would be for the seemingly interminable Auckland winds to stop whistling around my eaves long enough for me to get a few flights in. We just had a three day long weekend, lovely summer weather, apart from the wind. Maybe I should get into slope soaring.

John

Pure flying goals? Obviously get my museum pieces back in the air and get my skills back up to BMFA Cert levels, but my first real goal is to get my head around this Spectrum DX18! Real time telemetry?! How can you afford time to take your eye's off that thing in the air which,(and to be fair), has the sole purpose of disobeying you and making spectacular visual spectacles ending in expensive noises! Doh!

Telemetry is not for the pilot, it is for the flight enginer who should be a separate person. That is at least if you are using a visual display. We have used a tachometer sensor to help get the prop size right, I had to peer over my sons shoulder while he flew the plane.

For indications that the pilot might want you should use an audible warning, which some setups allow.

John