Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

6 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Points in sprint races this year, so on those weekends we will need predictions in on a Friday if I am reading it right ?

That's how I read it, John.  From the game guide;  "Importantly, as outlined above, this means that the cut-off for team changes and predictions will be on Friday for sprint weekends."

Maybe best to get in the habit of setting a "banker" set of predictions well ahead of each race in case we miss the deadline - having something predicted is better than having no predictions at all!

• Like 1

The UK channel4 recorded highlights must be coming to a close by now,  so let's have a look at our league table after the opening race of 2023!

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 185
2 2 0 Iqonic racing iqon 184
3 3 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 183
4 4 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 173
5 5 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 168
6 6 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 162
7 7 0 Revers Racing Pete B 158
= 8 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 158
9 9 0 Hans Brake Zoonie 145
10 10 0 Pitts Specials john stones 137
11 11 0 Torque of the devil Stu 133
12 12 0 teewrex John Tee 127
13 13 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 104
14 14 0 PSS Power Flyer 95
15 15 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 82

Very close at the top, with just one point between each of the top three. 

So it's Charles who takes top spot on our podium today with 185 points.  Well done, Charles.

In second, just a point behind on 184 points is Iqon,  and another point adrift on 183 is the GrumpyGnome.

All but two of us scored over 100,  and we know that Glenn didn't get a chance to do his predictions in time...

Next up is Saudi Arabia in two weeks time,  with qualifying and the race both at 5pm.  Don't forget your predictions!

• Like 1

Congrats to Charles, Igor & GG

Well done, gents...

Considering my personal circumstances, I can only be fairly happy ending just behind our winning trio.

Even despite Charles L's DNF and 'not that great' predictions, my score remains pretty acceptable.

Jeddah, here we come...

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

Crikey, that’s a surprise!  I got lucky with my predictions, although to be fair I hadn’t picked Zhou for fastest lap - must be something wrong with me because it was obvious, no? 😜 I wonder what odds the bookmakers were offering on that one. 

And what of the season prospects now?  I do hope it’s not going to turn into a Verstappen bore-fest with the championship wrapped up soon after the summer break.  Even with a strong start, can Aston Martin match Red Bull’s development rate and mount a challenge? Doesn’t seem likely to me, but it’s only race 1 so perhaps the competitive order will soon look a little different as often happens at the beginning of a season. 

• Like 1

I have been on holiday for 4 weeks, prior to this there were some limitations to my access to this site (amongst others). with this in mind can someone point me to the posts of how to join the league.

Well done all those who predicted well the last race. For those with little points, I can only suggest that they take solence from the one with no points (oh, that is me).

I see in todays paper that Mercedes and Lewis have put on hold any contract for next year. If Lewis were to leave Mercedes, will it be the opportunity for Russel to be treated more favourably, given that he appeared to be faster than Lewis ( as is usual it seems) and the team did not instruct Lewis to move over. Perhaps Russel needs to take a leaf out of the books of Vettel and Verstappen and go for it, rather a gentleman team player.

I personally think these are early days for any longer term predictions as to how things will go. That is other than some accusations will be made, attempts to plunge daggers into Red Bull and particularly Verstappen, in the back or front.

Hi & welcome back, Carl.

If you haven't done it yet, just pick a team's name and a 'manager ID' (you).

Click on 'Leagues' and you'll find ours ie. 'Modelflying Forumites'.
Just click on it and join the league using the code 8397165.

Put your team together (drivers & teams) using your allowed millions... & while you're at it I would already make some banker predictions for Jeddah...

Cheers

Chris

53 minutes ago, Erfolg said:

Leauges on who's web site?

Plus dont pay, we want an equal playing field. 🙊

I think you have to pick a team before you can join a league

Edited by iqon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your concern, Igor.

I'm still around but without much 'kicking' so far...

I've been told with hingsight that my surgery was quite a 'heavy' one with 3 coronar by-passes next to my heart. 

Probably one should not know too much details in advance in this case.

Anyway, after two weeks, the nasty feeling of that chest pain is slowly diminishing... albeit I'm still under rather heavy painkilling medication.

Patience remains the magical word here apparently.

Regarding Fantasy GP next week-end, I have a bit of a problem as well...

My next surgery is planned for next Friday 17.03. Precisely during FP1 & 2 for the Jeddah GP... and 2 days in IC afterwards doesn't really help either, I'm afraid...

Totally 'blind' banker predictions is my only choice, I guess...

Thanks again & cheers

Chris

• Like 4

Wow - season only just started and onto 3rd unit. 10 places so far, maybe more.

"Charles Leclerc will have his work cut out in this weekend’s Saudi Arabian Grand Prix after his Ferrari team were forced to fit another control electronics power unit component, which in turn triggers a grid penalty."

• Confused 1

On 14/03/2023 at 15:07, McG 6969 said:

Totally 'blind' banker predictions is my only choice, I guess...

Thanks again & cheers

Chris

Lets hope you dont go blind...🙈....... I`m only nosey I think I will be going through similar shortly. Not looking foreward to it......Hope today went o`k.

Edited by iqon

Morning all!

Sorry for being a bit later than normal,  so without further delay;

Don't forget your predictions!

Saudi Arabia this weekend, and both qualifying and the race are at 5pm UK-time.

P1 saw the top 6 coming in 2 x 2.  Verstappen set fastest time ahead of Perez.  Alonso and Stroll took 3rd and 4th,  with Russel and Hamilton 5th and 6th.

Verstappen headed P2 as well, with Alonso 2nd. Perez, Ocon, Russle and Gasly completed the top 6.  Ferrari could only manage 9th and 10th and Hamilton only 11th.

P3 is at 1:30pm UK-time.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1