Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

• 2 weeks later...

There has been suggestions of bias within F1 previously, from the inconsistent penalties in respect to racing incidents. In the past the allegation would be that Ferrari received favourable treatment. There is also a fair degree of hypocrisy, from the McLaren  Ferrari spying, Mercedes with their variable steering, flexibles wings, floors and prostrations of innocence and now you are changing the rules. Or Mercedes requesting a rule change this year to handicap other teams, the refusing requests to ease rules with respect engine modifications, chasing Red Bull through the legal courts to restrict ex-Mercedes engine designer. When you go back and think of fan cars, moving skirts, nothing has changed. I wonder is any one free to throw stones at glass houses?

I strongly suspect that Lewis's time is either over or coming close to its end, he has had some luck, in addition to talent. His team mate is probably the way of the future. Drivers almost certainly as talented such as Alonso, Vettel, Button have struggled with clearly inferior cars. Both Verstappen and Vettel have manged to extract much more than their team mates from the same nominal car, not requiring having an outstanding vehicle.

I am interested who had which drivers, any one have Verstappen. Or are the predictions the deciding factor. Or were both contingent on sucess.

Edited by Erfolg

"winning team"

Red bull, Ferrari, Alfa romeo

Leclerc, Bottas, Magnussen

Changed to - Leclerc, Norris, Magnussen

Predictions - not great but suspect thats what makes "the" difference.

Edited by iqon

The Belgian 'Poulidor' team...

Red Bull - Ferrari - Alfa Romeo

Leclerc - Alonso - Magnussen

1x change (at mid-season) replaced Alpha Tauri by Alfa Romeo

A lot of DNF's (ask Fernando or Magnussen's 'meatballs' !) unfortunately.

'Lousy' predictions on my side as well. But I musn't be the only one...

Quite funny to have nearly (5 out of 6) the same team as Igor.  🏁

Cheers

Chris

2 hours ago, Erfolg said:

There has been suggestions of bias within F1 previously, from the inconsistent penalties in respect to racing incidents. In the past the allegation would be that Ferrari received favourable treatment. There is also a fair degree of hypocrisy, from the McLaren  Ferrari spying, Mercedes with their variable steering, flexibles wings, floors and prostrations of innocence and now you are changing the rules. Or Mercedes requesting a rule change this year to handicap other teams, the refusing requests to ease rules with respect engine modifications, chasing Red Bull through the legal courts to restrict ex-Mercedes engine designer. When you go back and think of fan cars, moving skirts, nothing has changed. I wonder is any one free to throw stones at glass houses?

I strongly suspect that Lewis's time is either over or coming close to its end, he has had some luck, in addition to talent. His team mate is probably the way of the future. Drivers almost certainly as talented such as Alonso, Vettel, Button have struggled with clearly inferior cars. Both Verstappen and Vettel have manged to extract much more than their team mates from the same nominal car, not requiring having an outstanding vehicle.

I am interested who had which drivers, any one have Verstappen. Or are the predictions the deciding factor. Or were both contingent on sucess.

Like everyone, they push the boundaries as far as they can.  Little change there.  Ferrari, as far as I know, have a different funding structure to all the other teams. 

Re Hamilton, everyone needs a little luck.... I reckon he'll do next year, and then call it quits, unless he has a competitive car allowing him to break Schumacker's title record.

Alonso nearly as talented as Hamilon (outscored by his rookie team mate) but hampered by poor career choices.  Not convinced re Button tbh.

The whole Red Bull setup seems to be geared around their #1 diver - if there is a challenge, the management remove it (Danny Ric, Webber) which explains Vestappen and Vettel.  Yes, SV outscores Lance, but would LS be here if daddy didn't own the team ?

It's all subjective but to be a multiple champion, I think you need skill, a good car, a good team, and a little luck. 

YMMV!

My team: Russell, Alonso, Shumacker (had Gasly for a while); Mercedes,  Alpine, McLaren.

Predictions ranged from great to appalling....

With respect to Hamilton and Button

Is Button better than Hamilton?

Button was certainly not "murdered" by Hamilton during their three years together, which turned out to be by far the most interesting and tight team-mate duel of his career. Hamilton "won" two seasons, Button the other.

In 2010, Button won two races to Hamilton's three, losing out in the championship by 240 points to 214. It was a fair reflection of a year in which the 2008 champion was quicker.

2011 saw their fortunes reversed, as Button drove the best season of his career. The qualifying table still showed Hamilton significantly ahead, but Jenson saved his best for when it mattered.

He scored 12 podiums including three race wins; inconsistent Hamilton also won three times, but only scored half as many podiums. Their points tallies at the end of the year were 270 for Button and 227 for Hamilton.

But in 2012, the form book was flipped again. In response to Button's magnificent 2011, Hamilton drove one of his own best seasons; the points gap at the end was just two points in Hamilton's favour, but the "real" gap was greater.

Overall, Button scored more points over the three seasons, scored more podiums and had more points finishes. Hamilton had more poles, more wins and finished ahead more often.

At the end of the day, with similar cars, Hamilton is a really good driver. The outstanding drivers win consistently with good cars, that are in the hunt.
On that basis the exceptional drivers have been the Clarks, Stewart, Vettel, and now I suspect Verstappen. I tend to think that Schumacher, actively developed the cars to ensure outstanding performance, I then remember that Irvine threw a potential world championship away, by being an apparent playboy, with the same car.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

I have to undergo a surgery next wednesday and need to be in hospital on tuesday.

I'll very probably miss the testdays in Bahrain but would like to get my team/predictions ready for the first race.

Therefore, could our 'admin' activate our League and provide us with the necessary entry code.

Really hoping John P will be reading my request...

Cheers

Chris

10 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

No, reading waiting for manager to activate. But you can click rejoin the league, bottom of screen.

In that case I am confused...

...mine says "Waiting for manager to activate"....

and the button next to it says "leave"

No button at the bottom of the screen for me.