Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

With regard the accounts, it seems that the source of the early leak, supposedly an ex employee of one of the teams.

It has been suggested that the sum is about £1m, nor rumoured now to be £1.8m, related to procedural issues. I have no clue what a "procedural issue" is. Ther again is a rumpur if Red Bull accept guilt, then the consequences will be minimal. If they go to independent appeal and win, their will be disapointment within the FIA. Again what disappointment actually practically means.

Then I do not understand why Toto said that for financial reasons he would not initially travel to the USA. 

In essence there appears to be a lot of fog regarding the whole issue. Will there ever be a open declaration , where all teams operations be declared?

I do wonder if it can be fair, where a driver takes another out of a race and is able to continue, is a time penalty proportional, or would be disqualification more appropriate?

... well, if Alonso loses his points, I'll going to have the same points lost as well together with the Fantasy bonus points for rank progression.

On a side note, Alpine has introduced a complaint against Fernando's 30 seconds punishment. Wait and see, so far...

C'est la vie...

Chris

EDIT > ... it seems now that I lost 20 points and 2nd positionis back to Tony... Bravo, Tony...

Edited by McG 6969
result update

Gained points via the stewards for a change, predictions rubbish, bonus points across the board. Ferrari getting the calls right for Charles, wonders never cease.

What other sport can you take a competitor out and not get DQ'd ? 5 second penalty is ludicrous yet it never gets talked about, football, red card, track running/cycling red card etc etc.

Alonso's 30-second post-race penalty has certainly caused a significant reshuffling of the points in our table.  Many of us have gained a few points,  others have lost quite a few.  A small number of us are unaffected.

Here's the revised points score from yesterday;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 4 0 Pitts Specials john stones 195
2 1 0 Igoronic racing iqon 178
3 3 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 165
4 2 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 139
5 9 1 PSS Power Flyer 132
6 10 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 129
7 6 0 Revers Racing Pete B 127
8 5 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 123
9 14 1 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 120
10 11 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 117
11 12 0 Torque of the devil Stu 111
12 13 0 teewrex John Tee 104
13 7 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 96
14 8 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 86
15 15 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 82

John S still takes top place with an increased score of 195.  Iqon's increased score of 178 now gets him second place and Chris' reduced score of 165 leaves him third.

The overall table now looks like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Igoronic racing iqon 2754
2 2 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 2641
3 3 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 2639
4 4 0 Pitts Specials john stones 2528
5 5 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 2380
6 6 0 Revers Racing Pete B 2317
7 7 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 2226
8 8 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 2210
9 9 1 PSS Power Flyer 2181
10 10 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 2180
11 11 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 2163
12 12 0 Torque of the devil Stu 2115
13 13 0 teewrex John Tee 2000
14 14 1 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 1952
15 15 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 1949

Tony now holds on to second place ahead of Chris,  but the gap is only two points!

Ade now takes 9th from Kev - and this gap is only ONE point!

And at the foot of the table, Zoonie has still managed to grab bottom place from me, and still with just a 3-point gap...

Onwards to Mexico!

• Like 1

With respect of Red Bull, you can only speculate on the teams future, with the death of the owner.

With respect to challenging the FIA with respect to the cap, again will we ever know the impact of the loss. Apparently some teams legal expenses are funded by so called third parties, rather than their teams budgets. Apparently large areas of expenditure are not subject to the cap. I read some time ago that teams that participated in other areas of motor sport, or even manufacture, can legally take advantage of developments from these other areas, or encourage developments that could be partially or fully incorporated, with in some cases provisos. Apparently Reb Bull and Torro Rosso were specifically barred from any such arrangements.

I have no problem propping up the rest of the table, after all they are my predictions.

That said I am coming to the conclusion that Formula Fantasy FIA would be  real test of one's predictions and a lot more entertaining as the rules bend, shift and change and the penalties also have a wide ranging elasticity. One could be top and bottom of the table the same day regardless of prediction.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I may rejoin next year, that is if you will have me?

As encouragement, I was pretty much in last place in previous years. Even though I had Hamilton as my driver, Mercedes as the car. The rest of the team was just the low point driver and car. Ah yes, predictions pretty dire. 

The up side is I may do better, if accepted.

• Like 2

On 25/10/2022 at 13:17, Erfolg said:

With respect of Red Bull, you can only speculate on the teams future, with the death of the owner.

With respect to challenging the FIA with respect to the cap, again will we ever know the impact of the loss. Apparently some teams legal expenses are funded by so called third parties, rather than their teams budgets. Apparently large areas of expenditure are not subject to the cap. I read some time ago that teams that participated in other areas of motor sport, or even manufacture, can legally take advantage of developments from these other areas, or encourage developments that could be partially or fully incorporated, with in some cases provisos. Apparently Reb Bull and Torro Rosso were specifically barred from any such arrangements.

Erf, such is devil take the loser economic models.
I’m not too sure if I’m getting too much sympathy for the losers. Perhaps, if they had better designers, engineers, marketing people, or accountants, or indeed lawyers, they could have presented or afforded a better product, while presenting a set of accounts that passes scrutiny.
I’m not claiming a set of truthful accounts, just alternative truth accounts, delivered by better sets of competitive skills. 
I’m just sorry that some skills, the team in the pit lane, the designers, the drivers, the race tacticians, are just a small part of the circus. 

3 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Alonso has his points back in a sensible, albeit late, stewards decision!

Presumably FantasyF1 will update their data soon..... I should get more points but still be in 'mid table mediocrity' 🙂 

Agree with the decision although it means Essex Racing slipping back into 3rd position.

34 minutes ago, Tony Clark said:

Agree with the decision although it means Essex Racing slipping back into 3rd position.

Fantasy hasn't 'retro-adapted' their points yet.

But when/if they do, I can only re-confirm my apologies to Tony...

Como dije, estamos en México ahora.

Chris

The "Budget Cap" issue has now been resolved between the FIA and Red Bull. The link is here.

Seems a 10% wind tunnel time has been the main penalty.

I also read today if the over paid tax (not a clue to what this supposedly is was given) is refunded their would be no overspend.

No point deductions apparently, Lewis, well being Lewis, said he is not bothered.

Given Russels fine performance so far this year (with the one recent exception) will he promoted to joint leader. After all he is more of the future. Although I note that Alonso is 41, and probably would potentially again be a World Champion in a Mercedes or Red Bull in the present cars. I cannot but think that Vettel is much the same (other than he now sees he is mortal with a family). So perhaps Lewis may have a few more years.

Too many flapping their gums again, they stopped team managers pressuring stewards last year, same needs to be done during enquiries, button it and let the process deal with it.

As for Lewis and Russel, Lewis is still top man, drivers like him are a rare breed, effects of last year and doing the Lions share of problem solving, took it's toll methinks.

7 hours ago, McG 6969 said:

Fantasy hasn't 'retro-adapted' their points yet.

But when/if they do, I can only re-confirm my apologies to Tony...

Como dije, estamos en México ahora.

Chris

They have partly done it - the mini-league shows the original, pre objection points. But your team breakdown will still be wrong.