Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Right then,  Evening All!

As already mentioned,  it's an early start tomorrow and Sunday for the Japanese GP.  So;

Don't forget your predictions!

Probably not much to conclude from P1 and P2 as they were held in wet conditions,  while qualifying is forget to be dry and Sundays race "showery".  For what it's worth Alonso headed P1 from Sainz and Leclerc, with Ocon fourth.  P2 saw the Mercedes duo at the top with the Red Bulls following.

Qualifying is at 7am UK time with the race at 6am on Sunday.  And if anyone wants to tweak their predictions,  then P3 is at 4am tomorrow!

Set those alarm clocks now!

• Like 2

Evening all!

So, I wonder who else got up at 6am and watched 4 minutes of racing followed by 2 hours plus of nothing...  At least we got some racing eventually!

The channel 4 coverage is long-since finished, so here are our scores for today;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 5 1 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 168
2 1 0 Igoronic racing iqon 145
3 4 0 Pitts Specials john stones 141
4 3 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 125
5 10 1 PSS Power Flyer 108
6 2 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 104
7 12 0 Torque of the devil Stu 97
8 11 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 95
9 7 1 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 85
10 15 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 81
11 9 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 80
12 6 1 Revers Racing Pete B 73
13 8 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 66
14 13 0 teewrex John Tee 53
15 14 0 Hans Brake Zoonie 39

Topping our scores today is Simon with 168 points.

Second today is Iqon with 145 points.

And third, just 4 points behind, is John S with 141 points.

Well done to today's top three!

On a low-scoring day over half of us failed to get into double figures.  But let's see how the overall table looks tonight;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Igoronic racing iqon 2576
2 2 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 2502
3 3 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 2474
4 4 0 Pitts Specials john stones 2333
5 5 1 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 2257
6 6 1 Revers Racing Pete B 2190
7 7 1 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 2130
8 8 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 2124
9 9 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 2051
10 10 1 PSS Power Flyer 2049
11 11 1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 2046
12 12 0 Torque of the devil Stu 2004
13 13 0 teewrex John Tee 1896
14 14 0 Hans Brake Zoonie 1867
15 15 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 1832

No changes in the top 4, so Iqon holds on to top spot from Tony and Chris.

Simon's excellent score today moves him up a place to 5th at the expense of Pete who slips to 6th.  GrumpyGnome is another player moving up, taking 7th from Glenn who drops to 8th.  And our final place swap today sees Ade move up a place to 10th, pushing Charles down to 11th.

Next up in two weeks is the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas. Don't forget your predictions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/10/2022 at 22:18, Zflyer said:

I have received my reminder to not forget predictions for the forthcoming Japanese GP.

Give the FIA were supposed to have given their ruling on the alleged breaches of the spending cap I have taken the opportunity to predict the outcome and I have it below.

The F I A statement.

In accordance with the Rules governing expenditure by teams and the cap applied across the grid audits were conducted. During the course of auditing the material supplied by the teams it became apparent that two teams had breached the cap.

The Adjudicating Committee (A C) had originally expected to announce its findings on the 6th October 2022. Following discussions with Legal and Accounting members of the teams it was pointed out to the A C that there were anomalies which had caused the Rules to be interpreted in a manner which was not commiserate with the intended compliance.

In order to ensure this does not take place in future the Rules have now been given detailed interpretation and caveats which WILL prevent further misunderstanding.

Had both teams sought advice regarding the application of the Rules this matter may not have arise, however neiter did so in the belief their understanding of the Rules was correct.

Given the matters raised by the teams the AC have decided that both teams will receive censure and have suspended penalties imposed. These will result in the docking of Championship and Driver Points together with fines in keeping with the current scale of penalties.

Fairly close mate.

10 hours ago, iqon said:

JP - Times like this I welcome channel 4 .....

I had a "Plan A" and a "Plan B" for the race. 

Plan A was to watch it live,  and Plan B was to record it and watch it later - but that would have meant not being able to watch the live timing screen on F1.com,  which is something I normally do. 

I decided to leave the choice to chance - no alarm clock set,  if I happened to wake at a 'suitable' time I'd watch it live.  Otherwise I'd watch the recording later.  Well,  I woke at 5:44 and watched it live.  Perhaps that wasn't the best 'choice' as things turned out!

I've just noticed,  qualifying for Austin is at 23:00 UK time on the Saturday,  and the race is at 20:00 on Sunday.  Or, for those on CET, qualifying and the race are at opposite ends of the same day!

3 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Will be interesting to see if Fantasy GP adjust scores if that's the FIA ruling.....

My prediction? An inconsequential penalty for RBR - even jf they were just £1 away from a 'major' breach.  

Probably a fine, maybe lose some constructor points this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

Another weekend, and it's the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas. So first of all;

They're several hours behind us in Texas, so there's just been the one practice session so far, with P2 due to start in just under an hour and a half from now.

P1 saw Sainz setting the fastest time, almost a quarter of a second ahead of Verstappen.  Hamilton was third fastest with Stroll, Perez, Alonso and Russell next.

P2 is at 11:00pm UK time, with P3 at 8pm tomorrow.

Qualifying is at 11pm on Saturday with the race at 8om on Sunday.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No Chris,  no plans A or B... 

Quali starts in about 30 mins.  For you, Pete B and anyone else on the "mainland" (excluding Portugal!), that's tomorrow! Quali and the race on the same day, just at opposite ends. 

P3 results have confirmed that my predictions need no 'tweaking'.  But I'll still have got them wrong...  Anyway,  I'm working hard at holding on to the bottom place in the league table. 🤣

Bonne chance à tous!

OK then...  With the race late in the day, the Channel 4 coverage is just about starting.  So I'm going to make the assumption that anyone who wants to watch the Channel 4 recorded highlights without knowing the results, is actually doing exactly that - watching Ch.4,  and not surfing the web where they might accidentally stumble across the result!

So if you don't want to see how the results turned out for our league today,  then please read no further for now...

Looking first then at our scores for today;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 4 0 Pitts Specials john stones 186
2 2 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 185
3 1 0 Igoronic racing iqon 171
4 3 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 132
5 7 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 131
6 11 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 126
7 6 0 Revers Racing Pete B 125
8 10 0 PSS Power Flyer 123
9 9 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 122
10 12 0 Torque of the devil Stu 118
11 14 1 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 116
12 5 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 115
13 13 0 teewrex John Tee 104
14 8 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 81
15 15 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 78

Top place today goes to John S with 186 points.

Just one point behind on 185 points is Chris.

Iqon completes today's top 3 on 171 points.

Well done to today's top three.  There's then a gap of almost 40 points to Tony in 4th place.

The overall table now looks like this;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Igoronic racing iqon 2747
2 2 1 GASTON Formula Chris McG 2659
3 3 1 Essex Racing Tony Clark 2634
4 4 0 Pitts Specials john stones 2519
5 5 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 2372
6 6 0 Revers Racing Pete B 2315
7 7 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 2261
8 8 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 2205
9 9 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 2173
10 10 0 PSS Power Flyer 2172
11 11 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 2172
12 12 0 Torque of the devil Stu 2122
13 13 0 teewrex John Tee 2000
14 14 1 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 1948
15 15 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 1945

Iqon retains top spot,  but Chris moves up to second, while Tony slips a place to third.

At the other end of the table I have lost my hard-earned bottom place.  It's close - only 3 points separate us - but Zoonie has now taken 15th from me.

Mexico next weekend,  with qualifying at 9 pm (BST) on Saturday, and the race at 8 pm (UTC/GMT) after the clocks go back on Sunday.