Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

We have one in our club and with all weapons looks great but flies likeca brick on 3/4 power. A failed take off into long grass knocked off the weapons and now if flies perfectly. Power in hand and so so smooth..........

Make the weapons a static feature and you wont look back - its a fantastic foamy, have fun

Steve

Not so much a new one, but one reborn.

It started off quite recently as an SLEC Funfly.

img_5017_s.jpg

It flew really well, until I had an unfortunate midair collision with a fellow club member's high wing plane, resulting in the Funfly loosing half a wing and spiralling into the ground at a great rate of knots.

funfly lawn dart.jpg

The ground was soft and the engine disappeared in the mud, only the tail of the exhaust showing.

Not only was the right hand wind demolished, the whole front, from wing leadinf edge forward was trashed.

I took the bits home and put them in the loft in a bin bag, but, couldn't leave it there. So, 6 weeks later the wing is rebuilt, the nose remodelled, and the Funfly is reborn as the 'Funfly Twin' (electric this time)

funfly twin.jpg

Had its maiden today and flew really well. Please forgive the squareness of the nacelles and the stumpy nose, I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it and then find it didn't work well. May revise the nose to give a longer, sharper and more dynamic appearance?

Cheers GDB

• 4 weeks later...

It's supposed to be "Winter Hack" in French but I expect it'll cause considerable bemusement among the locals when I finally retire over there.

Winter Hack was my first WOT 4, KIA when the throttle stuck wide open. Pilot error really. Your humble servant got tired of flying it round and round in huge high-speed figures of eight waiting for the fuel to run out, got disorientated and it crashed! blush.

wot 4.jpg

model eindecker landing.jpgHi all

This is my latest  model it is a Top Flite Elder 40. I didn't like the suggested decals etc and so made it up as an Eindecker.

I am pleased with the result and   ( I think )   it looks good in the air.model eindecker over the meadow.jpg

Edited By Roger 2 on 13/08/2014 10:24:05

Another Chris Foss design is my latest model. This model was also an eBay purchase. I don't think it had flown very much. I tightened up the covering and added spoof 1950s RAF Training Command roundels. It is fitted with an OS61SF and a Pitts silencer. It has flown but I've had some trouble with the fuel flow so I re-plumbed it last night. I have also added a couple of self-tappers across the outlet pipes in an attempt to make the exhaust a bit quieter.

I've been surprised at the number of people who don't recognise it as an Acrowot; some people think it's a scale model!

Roundels and fin flash courtesy of Tim at Model Markings who also made up the graphics for La Rosse d'Hiver. Yellow trainer bands are from Solartrim.

RAF Acrowot