Spring is here!!! Who has been out flying??

I have been out both days.

On both days we have had a lad and his mother at the field. There were two major problems with this. The first is that he already is flying better than most and that means much better than me, after just two lessons. The other, which really irked me, the presence of the woman, prevented my us e of the executive urinals.

The other high point was the first flight of a Nijhuis Vulcan. Twin pusher, although a motor problem developed.

As for my flying, abysmal, my Firenza was lucky that it landed itself, as the turbulent and gusty wind was beyond my abilities to control it.

My flight with my delta was OK, but cut short, as the turbulence did not make for an enjoyable experience,

Advert

Went to BVRMC twice today, The first time was at 12.30pm and unsurprisingly due to the weather I was all alone. I had 2 x 10 minute flights with my candoo that has been out of action since a little unintended landing on the 20th February. I gave up around 1.30pm after getting wet twice.

I then went back at 7.30pm and again was all alone, fair enough the rain had stopped and it was sunny but it was 15mph + winds. I had another 10 minute flight with Candoo and 2 x 4 minute flights with my Radjet extreme.

Baz

Edited By brfc7 on 18/05/2015 23:35:19

Spring? Ha! On 26th April I was at a fly-in at Dallachy Aeromodellers - it was abandoned at 1 o'clock because of snow - on the way home the road was closed due to an accident - here's what the papers reported

"The air ambulance was called to the scene of the incident on the northbound A96 Aberdeen to Inverness road, between Insch and Huntly, at around 1.45pm, however, due to the snowy conditions, the helicopter was unable to take off."

So - we were flying toy planes in the morning but by afternoon not even the rescue helicopter could fly!

Sat at the field as I type this all alone again (except for my dog) had two 10 minute flights with the Candoo again. Now sat watching the heavy rain off the east coast and listening to the odd crack of thunder. Strange as it lovely and sunny here only 1500 meters from the sea, even the birds sound happy tweeting away. Trying to decide if can be bothered for another flight.

Baz

Posted by brfc7 on 19/05/2015 20:23:29:

Trying to decide if can be bothered for another flight.

Baz

Well I decided I could and had a 3rd 10 minute flight. Had some fun tonight shame no one else braved the weather wink

baz

Posted by brfc7 on 19/05/2015 21:50:56:

Trying to decide if can be bothered for another flight.

Baz

Well I decided I could and had a 3rd 10 minute flight. Had some fun tonight shame no one else braved the weather wink

baz

Baz,

Your a hardy soul Ill give you that... Just a few mile down the road from you in Whitley Bay we were bombarded by hail stones.....

Think the thread should be renamed "winter is here " surprise

Was their with the dog from about 7.15 - 8.45 and fair enough I had my big coat on and the sky all around looked terrible but our strip was under lovely sunshine cool It probably helps that I'm well weathered with working outdoors yes

baz

Now sat watching the heavy rain off the east coast and listening to the odd crack of thunder. Strange as it lovely and sunny here only 1500 meters from the sea, even the birds sound happy tweeting away.

Baz

Here's a picture from last night looking out from Blyth harbour a short way from bvrmc where I was.

image.jpg