Have to say 'goodbye'

Steve T

I didn't see this coming but my previous career as a musician has been rejuvenated! I thought I had retired but over the last year I have become more and more involved with local and young musicians, to the extent that I am going 'back on the road' gigging and touring. I cannot possibly combine my commitment to music with aero modelling, I have tried and it is a non starter. So sadly I say goodbye to all aeronauts, or should that be aero nuts? I spent far more money than was respectable but this does mean that I have loads of gear to sell on to those left shooting the breezes. Watch the classified on here and possibly EBay, (just hope I do not turn up on the 'EBay sellers' thread). Loads of good gear, make the most of the silly prices, I would like all my stuff to go to real flayers. It was not an easy decision to sell up, but I will be touring Europe and Asia again for the next few years! I will keep in touch with the forum whilst I can. I wish you all blue skies and summer evenings.

Advert

Lovey written farewell buddy, all the best....aero modelling is always in your blood.

Guy I fly with was a 1960's rock n roll star, before my time and never heard of his group, but a quick search on the net and coorr blimey I found him and he was telling the truth.surprise.."Don't tell anyone, they'll think I've got money"smile d he says.

He still has a lucky life of playing with a band around the northwest and flying with us on Sundays....

Yes I will be back, this has been a return after flying Vic Smeed designed free flights and a 2ch Futaba pilon jobby around 1969 to 75. As I am doing a Sinatra style come back to music I will surely return AGAIN to modelling. I have thoroughly enjoyed putting my two penneth into the forum now and again. I find all your comments a little moving, honestly! As we old fart musicians say "keep on keeping on, truck on" I will keep in touch.

Oh and by the way Mr. John Stones 1, I though about using Canned Heat track, 'On the road again' as a background to my first goodbye post, cheers mate!

Good luck in your musical endeavours Steve - and I'm sure you'll be back here sooner or later. Aeromodelling is not a hobby an addiction you can easily escape, as you've already proved once!

There must be some hidden link between aeromodelling and music. Our club has a well-known (in jazz circles anyway, so I'm told!) saxophone player amongst its members, and one of our committee members appears on that excerpt from a 1957 Huw Wheldon TV programme (easily found on youtube) as a schoolboy playing in a band alongside a certain "James" (later, better known as Jimmy) Page.

Me? I identify strongly with Jez's comment near the start of this thread - it took me nearly three and a half years to "progress" from Grade 1 to Grade 2 on the piano! embarrassed

(Spelling errors corrected)

Edited By John Privett on 26/08/2015 21:19:07