2015 Autumn Special

A.A. Barry

Advert

Hi folks. I hope it is just me, but having ripped the plastic and opened the 2015 Autumn Special I am very dissapointed in the dreadful quality of the publication within. I do not mean the content, but the state of the images. In most the colours are washed out and the contrast is dreadful and what looks like digital over-sharpening of images. It seems to be the magazine equivalent of putting the 'economy setttings' on your home printer - uses less ink and gives less quality. I do not expect 'Vogue' standard of glossy pics and airbrushing but I do look upon RCM&E as a being quality publication within the hobby sector and am hoping this is a printing glitch rather than a money saving excercise and a standard for the future.......

Right moan over - lets have a look at this Mossie plan!!!!

Simon

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 08/10/2015 22:57:07

I'm a subscriber and got my copy today, and looks great at first glance.

Just a quick question if that's okay..I would like to buy my son a copy as well, but none of my local newsagents stock it, and the nearest WH Smiths are weeks behind, and they tend to only get one copy in each month.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for buying another one please.

I must admit that I am surprised ​and disappointed that in the FPV article there was a hint that usual flying spacing rules don't apply. It states in the mag that " your early flights should be made somewhere open and away from public, roads and buildings". This insinuates that further flights can be made closer.

​There is also one other area for concern; there is no mention of the FPV rule where the person in charge is accompanied by a competent observer who maintains direct unaided visual contact and that the aircraft must not leave visual contact. This is important as the article also infers that you can fly beyond LOS.

​Whilst I don't want to be a stick in the mud is this not irresponsible to infer doing things you're not allowed to do?

same as above for me in JF's post......re FPV .......i'm not anti FPV.......but i thought part of the article would have carried the part of flying the models responsibly and touched upon the ANO's and rule's........LOS been one of the important points........maybe the commercial side of things is more important to the people who are retailing the equipment...my view.

ken anderson...ne...1...... mag feedback dept.

Posted by FilmBuff on 09/10/2015 20:02:07:

I am underwhelmed by both content and print quality.

Did not have the feel of a Special somehow.��

and the £5.99 charge... These costs are going up for less content and when printing methods are much simpler and cheaper... (I know there is a free plan, but if the price is hiked; it isnt free!)..

With two RC models titles closing in the last 24mths, I really dont feel content should be such a problem!

Maybe its me, but as a long term reader (30yrs); its disappointing....

I gave my copy away today... I kept the other "special" editions for reference.. no

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 12/10/2015 19:16:18:
Posted by Tim Hooper on 08/10/2015 21:31:16:

Definitely on the dodgy side. Paper seems to have gone thinner over the last year or so too.

tim

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 08/10/2015 22:59:03

Paper quality hasn't changed.

And Mars bars aren't as big as they used to be either. wink 2

Is it just me? Having looked at my copy, I am frustrated that many of the photos don't have captions. Some aren't really explained in the accompanying text either. This seems a shame to me. Are the photos there to inform the article or just to fill up space? I'm left asking who are the people and what are the models and what is the purpose of the photo?

Who has done the editorial page this time? I cant read the signature, it is not undersigned and photo is so small I dont recognise the individual and the content is somewhat unclear!

If it is showing £4.75, the its trade descriptions! What is going on here?

I was disappointed to be told the price was £5.99 at the tills, and now it should have been £4.75.. ?

Is someone pulling my chain here ?