Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

Advert

Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 10/05/2017

Hey Paulo, there are some very good lighting kits to be had for night flying Dood........laugh

well where I fly there is noooo lighting at all... maybe could fit the big landing light the real version has but might need a ground crew to set out the minature oil drums full of diesel to guide me in before the home guard gets there...

I spray my models as i like the finish i get but i didnt go mad with my equipment. My airbrush a cheapo single action jobby and the compressor is something an old club mate made out of a fridge about 25 years ago.

I do have a dual action airbrush for details but it was about £15 from hobbyking and i never use it as its buried in a drawer and i cant be bothered to dig it out. The badger works fine and its quick to clean. That will do for me

No , DD is quite right , Nobody "owns " air space . Therefore a cantilever balcony into space would be the ideal solution .

While you are out there , you might as well add a three more bedrooms and an ensuite , plus a walk in wardrobe for the missus .

You never know when your going to need that stuff .

Like I say , keep it simple.

I've every intention of making one Andy , and in fact have already made all of the moulds for a 102 " prototype .

Whenever I mention it to people it falls on deaf ears , so it looks like it will be a one off so far .

Put my name down for one please Richard, I have always wanted a B17 and I have four SC52 fourstrokes.

Cheers

Posted by Ian Moody on 11/05/2017 13:08:12:

I've every intention of making one Andy , and in fact have already made all of the moulds for a 102 " prototype .

Whenever I mention it to people it falls on deaf ears , so it looks like it will be a one off so far .

Put my name down for one please Richard, I have always wanted a B17 and I have four SC52 fourstrokes.

Cheers

Richard needs to be brought before the Witch finder general's council he keeps making us buy his models with his dark magic....!

Nothing to do with the fact they are good kits, well made, and well supported.... he's a warlock!!!!!

Nobody has shown their rear end yet! Is it just filled in and rounded off behind the tail wheel?

2. What did you do with the edge along the cockpit? It needs rounding off. Did you add an extra doubler on the inside edge so that the outside edge can follow the outside contour? Once I've sorted these 2 problems my fus will have finished the building stage.

Graham,

not near the model at moment but have these two pics that might help...

20170415_094931.jpg

20170415_094914.jpg

I didn't need to add anything by the cockpit area but had to fill a little at the back to blend it all in. Although not too clear there is a block of balsa that is used to fill the area behind the tail at the bottom, mine is not glued in yet until I glue the tail on it's just in for show if you go back a few pages you can see the infill pieces that go inside the lower tail area.

The outer 'faring' pieces on the top of the tail mounting area I made from spare balsa, again look back a few pages to see. These extra pieces on the top were my idea not part of the kit. so up to you should you want to faf about cutting and fitting then sanding to shape. it's up to you.

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 11/05/2017 17:50:19