Covid Vax......club passports?.

SIMON CRAGG

Just throw this out there:

With all the talk about vaccinations, getting it / not getting it etc. I wonder if we will get any guidance from the BMFA on the topic?.

Should getting a vaccination be left to personal choice?.

Should clubs make vaccinations mandatory for instance?.

Should clubs be left alone to organise their own membership protocols?.

Do we really need any more rules and regs after the continuing CAA saga?

Very complicated subject, but for what its worth I'll be first in the queue to get mine!.

Stay safe.......Fly safe.

Sure the BMFA can think up 20 rules relating to this specific issue. Anyway as long as rule 1 states that those over 65 need to be second in the queue after the NHS gets my vote.

Currently well down the pecking order, so cant think we will all have to make a personal decision to have the vaccine or not for some considerable time. Personally cant see why anybody would not want to have it. Perhaps its the risk that the imbedded Microsoft micro chips will interfere with the 2.4GHz band.

Posted by john stones 1 on 03/12/2020 13:26:47:

We could have BMFA chip us all, then if we get confused whilst out, it's easier to return us home, could show if we've paid our subs/CAA and what achievement we have, don't cost much to get chipped, maybe get discount via the Vets locally.

Trouble is, her indoors would be able to find you John..!!

D.D.

Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 03/12/2020 10:35:24:
Posted by SIMON CRAGG on 02/12/2020 23:49:28:

With all the talk about vaccinations, getting it / not getting it etc. I wonder if we will get any guidance from the BMFA on the topic?.

Any advice can only ever be to follow the advice of Government and medical professionals.

Well from the noises coming from government etc. it looks like they will leave it to private organisations, no doubt with some behind the scenes pressure, so that they do not fall foul of the Nuremburg Code. Thus it looks like I will not be joining the BMFA or the club for 2021 as most organisations will want to play safe and require the vaccine passport. No way am I taking an experimental vaccine using a new technology that even the manufacturers state they have no long term data on side effects/safety. Plus, the government have granted them legal indemnity. It almost seems they think it may not be safe. But, no vaccine is 100% safe or 100% effective.

Edited By GONZO on 04/12/2020 17:48:55

I have no intention of having it ever. From official stats there is a 99% recovery and for some one like me, a 73 year old diabetic, it's 95%. If and it's a big if I put my position in writing, as it is still voluntary, and got a written guarantee from the BMFA and club that they would refund all my money in the event of a change of rules that would require me to take the vaccine to continue to use the field(coercion) then I may consider it.

Vaccines are one of man's greatest inventions.

I remember we had a couple of kids in my infants class at school who had to wear leg braces because of Polio.

Who would like it if Smallpox was still around ? It is estimated around 300 to 500 million died a horrible death in its last hundred years of existence.

I'm thinking of developing paranoia but would people talk about me if I did?

One person mentions an idea that clubs might require vaccination passports - and we have people giving up on BMFA/club membership because of a rather nebulous suggestion which just appears to have been put out as an idea for discussion!

Is there any suggestion that this idea has any basis in fact - from the BMFA, government or any other organisation - it's certainly the first I've heard of it.

I had the swine flu at the end of 2010 and according to the Doc's it was a skin of the teeth job. They said if I had been a smoker or asmatic would have been a gonner Went into hospital before Christmas and when I came out it was new year. Most of the time was in ICU and the bits I remember were pain like nothing like ever before and just a very dark time.

Had the flu jab every year since.

JD8 Don't play to my emotions, give me facts and information.

But past vaccines used de-activated or greatly weakened versions of the original pathogen to stimulate ones own immune system causing T cells to manufacture anti-bodies. This though is only half the story as the T cells etc 'remember' the code for the invading pathogen, for use in any future infection, as the original anti bodies slowly decay. None of the older vaccines is totally safe or effective. There are many recorded incidents of people being injured/damaged from vaccines, it's a cost benefit judgement. IIRC in recent times a small pox outbreak was caused by vaccination. This new technology vaccine uses messenger RNA (mRNA) to carry a genetic message to our own cells DNA. The cells then manufacture not anti-bodies but the 'spike protein' on the invading pathogens cell surface which then cause the T cells etc to generate anti-bodies. This new technology has NEVER been used before and even the manufacturer states they have NO long term data as to the safety of the vaccine. Once it's in your body it can't be taken out. It's a one way street!

I am dumbfounded by the number of people who believe that the vaccine isn't a great idea in 2021. We have lived through times where the diseases of childhood have been eradicated by vaccines. So succesfull have they been that some people started to believe that they are no longer necessary. My own opinion of these people is that they are in the same group as climate change deniers, The moon landings were a hoax believers, Flat earthers and those who believe in UFO's, little green men and garden gnomes spring to life when no-one's watching them.

To be effective, the new vaccine needs a high percentage take up to protect those who genuinely cannot have the vaccine due to some other medical condition.

Antivaxers, you really need to take a good long look at yourselves