Hobby king customer service

Rich Griff

I am not a hobby king customer yet and would like to take up the offer of 15 per cent off for my first order.

I have read that people are experiencing delivery problems along with poor customer service.

I don't know yet how there product stock level is displayed on line. Some companies say" it's in stock" with others saying it's in stock with say 250 units of the product available.

The latter is good, the way it should be done.

I read that people have ordered 4 of a product in stock but the items are not delivered as they only have one of the items in stock.

They have to wait sometimes months for Thier order to be sent out, a back order type system.

So, how are people finding hobby king ?

Are you experiencing quick deliveries, as they have plenty of the product ordered and paid for, or, are you experiencing long delays and have to " hassle" customer service for an explanation, an ETA or refund.

Over to you....

I wish to order covering film, a roll of each colour I would like.

Thanks

Hi Rich,

Just to put this into context, for my day job I work with Chinese suppliers and factories, and have done so for 15 years, It will help to put perspective on my comments...

I have and do use Hobbyking, and generally with total success. In some respects (their film), they are well above average. But let's be honest here; we all go to Hobbyking because of their prices. In general, we never get something for nothing and in dealing (albeit indirectly) with China we have a trade off for the low costs. To me, that is risk. I have to accept I may pay a price; I may get poor quality, poor service, late deliveries and so on and so forth. But I may not. If I don't, and all is well, I'm quids in. However, as with Banggood, I don't pay what I'm not prepared to lose. It's as simple as that.

But that's my view. And so far, I've had no issues...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rich Griff said:

It did not say how many units are available.

If you really want to know just keep upping the order and when you reach their stock limit it will say no and won't let you go through with the order, they might hold big stock of covering roll though it's good stuff like Oracover, very tough and needs a quite high heat setting. Their system will not let you buy what they don't have.

Hobby King is okay. 

If being critical, they can sometimes be out of stock of various items for lengthy periods of time. 

However, when they have the stock, they are efficient at delivering it. 

Keep orders below £135 or you will attract import duties. These duties are "guesstimated" by the deliver company (UPS) and are widely reported as coming as quite a shock to the recipients. 

My recent orders from HK EU have been without issue and with no extra charges as I have said before. The film has a maximum of four per colour. The delivery charge for three rolls is ~£10 go over three rolls then the charge goes up to ~£30, I wonder if the extra charges are being collected at source but have no wish to find out. 

Rich to check go onto HK and see the actual delivery costs and options.

If stock is low then it says 'only x in stock' again to find out look for yourself. Not showing stock levels is not a problem to me the way HK work is if you try to buy more than are in stock an 'out of stock' message comes up on the checkout page,

8 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

I wish to order covering film, a roll of each colour I would like.

When in stock order it because when it goes out of stock you could be months waiting for stock to come in, for that reason I have a good stock bought three rolls at a time.

Steve

32 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

I had that recently with some batteries I ordered but that was because the order exceeded their maximum for delivery - no warning though. I just removed 1 battery and then it was fine. Not sure if something similar is happening with other stuff.

Yes I have had that in the past but now it's not working at all.

I ordered some small 2s lipo batteries from the EU warehouse on 2 February. Still have not received them. When I checked the order status on Hobbyking website there was no mention of the order at all. Contacted Customer Support online yesterday and received a reply today to say that they had not shipped yet. No mention as to the reason why or when I am likely to receive the goods. As a comparison, I ordered some goods from America recently, which arrived in 3 days !

15 hours ago, Graham Davies 3 said:

Hi Rich,

Just to put this into context, for my day job I work with Chinese suppliers and factories, and have done so for 15 years, It will help to put perspective on my comments...

I have and do use Hobbyking, and generally with total success. In some respects (their film), they are well above average. But let's be honest here; we all go to Hobbyking because of their prices. In general, we never get something for nothing and in dealing (albeit indirectly) with China we have a trade off for the low costs. To me, that is risk. I have to accept I may pay a price; I may get poor quality, poor service, late deliveries and so on and so forth. But I may not. If I don't, and all is well, I'm quids in. However, as with Banggood, I don't pay what I'm not prepared to lose. It's as simple as that.

But that's my view. And so far, I've had no issues...

I'm not sure the 'what I am prepared to lose' is right....perhaps it should be 'what I am prepared to argue the toss over'. In my experience, and I have had quite a few 'dealings' over the years, when stuff either goes missing or arrives faulty a refund is reasonably easy to obtain. There will always be others that might well disagree with that statement but I have never had a circumstance where I gave up and I have always obtained a refund (YMMV).  I always use Paypal or similar as they are regulated in the UK (and Europe) and have an obligation under the consumer credit act to ensure the transaction is not fraudulent.

Also, don't waste your money on things like Banggoods 'insurance' scheme, it does not negate their responsibility to deliver the goods to your door, Paypal will refund you as Banggood usually don't bother responding to your claim - it's not normally worth their while.

I ordered two rolls of film a couple of weeks back. Never used the HobbyKing film before, but read good things about it, so thought I'd give it a try. At the first attempt, one of the colours I'd chosen was only available from HongKong, which pushed the shipping cost through the roof! Watch out for this one, because I didn't realise what had happened until I studied the checkout carefully! Ditched the HongKong colour and ordered a close substitute available from Europe, shipping costs now reasonable, and they arrived a few days later with no issues.

Haven't had chance to try it yet due to life getting in the way, but hope to start covering next week...

--

Pete

• Like 1