Outerzone Not Available

EvilC57

I've just tried to get onto the Outerzone vintage & old-timer plans website for the first time in a while, and all I'm getting is an Error 500 message.

Here....

Does anyone know whether it's still meant to be operational, down for maintenance, or has it gone?

Edited by EvilC57

Advert

The domain "outerzone.co.uk" is still valid, registration expires 20 April 2023.

outerzone.co.uk resolves to 109.104.94.246 so DNS is working.

109.104.94.246 is in the UK, possibly Leeds?

Error 500 is a response from the web server, so it is online.

In short, OuterZone is still there but the server has an unspecified fault. Depending on how good are the service provider's (Heart Internet?) housekeeping routines the fix may be easy, or not.

I am assuming OuterZone are still paying the service provider's bills! It is a popular site so may be costly to run.

Theres a silly row brewing and I suspect Steve is just keeping his head down until it blows over.

No one seems to understand exactly what the perpetrator's grievance is, it seems to be of the "...are you looking at my pint?"  ilk (or rather, Ouzo, Mythos, Metaxxa?)

More on RCG if you want to check  🙂

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Phil Green