Servo Cable Grommet Replacement

Sheepish

I have a number of older Futaba and JR servos which are little used and in good condition apart from the fact that the cable entry grommet has perished.

Is there a source of these out there that anyone has found that they would share?

I have looked online in places like Farnell, RS Components, Model Fixings, The Component Shop, Micron RC and the bay of e but no luck so far but perhaps I’m searching for the wrong thing or have missed the obvious supplier.

The fall back solution is a blob of hot glue or silicon sealant but it’s not very elegant and replacing the grommet would be a better solution.

Hi John,

I have done this in the past but my OCD tells me I would like a new grommet. 🤔

These are on the bay of e at the moment from the USA but are a silly price for 2 off with an even sillier postage cost so proof they do or did exist.

IMG_0371.png

• Like 1

Thanks EarlyBird, that’s the one.

And thanks for the strain relief boot suggestion I’ll try a search for those too.

John, I need a few of these and I wouldn’t want to have you dismantling so many servos on account of my OCD 😂

I have tried the hot glue, silicon, heat shrink, other tubing solutions and they don’t satisfy my desire to replace the perished boot.

After all if the Chinese can make fake servos with these boots in there must be a source somewhere for new ones.
Even if it’s a case of having to order a 100 or more to do it from Banggood or Alibaba perhaps.
I’m sure I’m not the only one that would use them if they were available.

Thank you for all the suggestions.

I have found a few small glands for round wires with online searches but almost nothing for flat wires.  A bit strange I think?

I have have a 3d printer but I’ve never tried to print anything other than PLA but it’s worth a try with PLA+ I guess and I need to improve my 3D CAD too.

I will try a message to Mike at Model Workshop to see if he can suggest a source perhaps.