Middle of Lidl Today - micro drill bits, cordless Dremel clone, organisers, mini tool accessories

leccyflyer

It's a proper modeller's paradise in Middle of Lidl today. I badly needed some extra organising drawer unit capacity, but missed out on the Parkside offerings a few weeks ago, so when I went along they were all out and When It's Gone It's Gone!

Anyway listed for this morning was a nice 12v Parkside cordless Li-Ion rotary mini tool - like a Dremel - with a bunch of accessories for twenty quid, so I popped along.

4NzhGNEQ4NTI3MkY2Q0ZBMjA4MTc1OTQyNkQyN0E

Blow me they had the 30 drawer organisers back in stock, even though they weren't listed.  In the meantime I'd mail ordered one from somewhere else, so I ended up with two today. Have to say that the quality of the Parkside item is better.

Loads of other accessories for the mini tool on offer for grinding, cutting, sanding and some neat little boxes of micro drill bits ranging in size from the square root of nowt up to 3.2mm in small increments - three separate boxes, all neatly colour coded. I've found that you can't have enough mini-tool accessories, so stocked up on a full set.

GQUQwMUM5RUY0REM0MjI0RTMyQTE4MzMxRTVGQTk

Well worth a visit  to Lidl today - I don't expect those rotary mini tools will hang around for too long.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, michael cawood said:

I went to Lidl for the digital heat gun, just £23 pounds in price. had a quick play with it, lovely. You can set output heat in 10 degree spaces, fan has 5 settings and it auto cools when you switch off. Wil be perfect for heat shrinking and plastic forming.   mike

I bought one the last time they were on sale, works really well on covering fim and heat shrink tubing.

• Like 1

Another vote for the Lidl heat gun, stops me blowing holes in film covering 😂

Works really well for stripping paint off doors too but that’s just a displacement activity between building models.

Their adjustable temperature soldering iron isn’t bad either for about £10 when it comes up again.

The adjustable clamps are worth buying too when they appear.

• Like 1

The Digital Hot Air Gun is probably the best thing they sell.  Its ideal for covering and covering repairs as you can set it to a temperature you know won't be to much for the material with which you are working.  It makes a great companion to a Prolux digital covering iron (sadly Lidl don't do these!).
I was using the Lidl cordless multitool at work last year, and it compares well to my own cordless Dremel.  We were using the Lidl one every day, and provided you remembered to put it on charge at lunchtime and before you went home, it held up admirably.  We even used a 50mm diamond cutting disc on ours.

6 hours ago, michael cawood said:

I went to Lidl for the digital heat gun, just £23 pounds in price. had a quick play with it, lovely. You can set output heat in 10 degree spaces, fan has 5 settings and it auto cools when you switch off. Wil be perfect for heat shrinking and plastic forming.   mike

Photo or Ean number please, sounds good.

I have one of those, had it for years. Usual need to tune the needles, standard top end and idle . Very light, nice balance, cuts firewood logs a treat. 
Back on track, the motor does what you want, starts nicely, opens up well, ticks over reliably. Mine has done a lot of hours. 50/1 mix.

• Like 1

The heat gun is a monster!  If you use it to shrink coverings, you need to hold it well back!  The cordless rotary tool is excellent as well and comes with a range of tools and collets in the case.  It also comes around quite regularly should you miss it on this occasion. 

I find the Parkside stuff to be excellent quality.  If the disc sander comes around - get one.  It's virtually identical to the Proxxon at about a quarter the price.

Hmm, Just been into the Middle of Lidl.  Looked at the cordlees drill (in its box!)  It looks like the drill is the same piece of kit.  However, it's now in a rectangular container box.  The old box opened from one end, making it very handy to lift the drill out and in, with tools at the sides.  Minor thing- hopefully OK.  But- a bit more major-  it's still £20- but now- on top, whilst it comes with a charging lead, you have to buy a battery charger!  The local store was out of chargers.  I wasn't sure about the charging lead- it's a USB lead- but isn't that usually for a 5v computer supply?  The drill is rated at 12v.  Puzzled?

Anyone bought one yet?

https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/parkside-12v-cordless-rotary-tool/p390411

Are the cars in stock at the moment ?

Got that small drone, great little thing, perfect for indoor flying in a sports hall but not in our kitchen due to alloy foam backing I reckon.

Have the larger Lidl drone as well, great for indoor and football field, wind allowing.

Getting spare batteries, no chance.

Both drones worth the money and fun addition to the fleet.

Warning though they "blend into" the visual background easily but I keep then close. Not bothered with the "flip" function. Dead band on sticks a bit large but soon get used to that.

Edited by Rich Griff

15 hours ago, Tosh McCaber said:

The drill is rated at 12v.  Puzzled?

Three ways of doing this...

1.  The drill uses a USB-C charge cable. USB-C can supply different voltages according to the requirements of the device being charged. The device communicates with the charger to set the charge voltage. This will ONLY happen if you use a USB-C compliant charger.. if you use an older usb 'wall wart' it will only supply 5v so if what leccyflier says is true this option cannot be true.

2.   Maybe the drill has a Dc-Dc boost step up regulator fitted to boost the incoming 5v to 12v to charge the 12v battery, or perhaps, more likely - 

3.  Maybe the drill charges the internal battery cells individually using 5v to charge each cell to 4.2v

/cat skinning sorted.

Edited by FlyinFlynn

I have the older version of the drill, it is labelled PFBS 12 A1. It has a removeable 12V battery but unfortunately it has a different battery shell shape to Parksides team 12V batteries (Grrrr!). It is almost totally useless now as I managed to bend the collet shaft and it now shakes worse than a Saturn5 booster at maxQ.  (I know...my own stupid fault!)

4 hours ago, FlyinFlynn said:

Three ways of doing this...

1.  The drill uses a USB-C charge cable. USB-C can supply different voltages according to the requirements of the device being charged. The device communicates with the charger to set the charge voltage. This will ONLY happen if you use a USB-C compliant charger.. if you use an older usb 'wall wart' it will only supply 5v so if what leccyflier says is true this option cannot be true.

2.   Maybe the drill has a Dc-Dc boost step up regulator fitted to boost the incoming 5v to 12v to charge the 12v battery, or perhaps, more likely - 

3.  Maybe the drill charges the internal battery cells individually using 5v to charge each cell to 4.2v

/cat skinning sorted.

The manual says - Connect the USB Type C connector to the charging socker on the Appliance, Connect the USB Type A plug to a USB mains adaptor (5v <=4A), Connect the USB Mains adaptor to a power socket. The battery is fully charged when the battery LED show Red/Orange/Green. So it's either option #2 or option#3, or some other unspecified option. The wall wart for my wee hot glue gun delivers no more than half an amp, so I'd expect full charging to take at least three hours. The spare laptop power supply will supply 5v at 1amp so will be quicker.