Winter projects

Daren Cogdon

Advert

Sadly the revised Corsy bit the dust on Sunday, my launcher buddy reckons that the motor seemed to lose all power immediately after he launched it and it nose dived into the ground. Not a problem as I'll build another one! In the meantime the Butch Bird is being assembled, here is a vid of the first set of parts being cut

• Like 4

And the next one is built, the Spitty. I cut it out yesterday then spent a couple of hours building it. The overall build time was longer because I used gorilla Glue Clear on most of the joints with UHU POR used for the wing 'sandwich'. I have modified the design to taper the rear of the fuse in at the tail rather than keep the design's box section plus I've placed servo cut outs in the wings rather than mount the aileron servos in the fuse.

IMG_8292.thumb.jpeg.f0ef15f045615c7708428aa6e421f4fe.jpeg

IMG_8293.thumb.jpeg.1cd483aedfdc099bfdfb3d7bd544e496.jpeg

Edited by Ron Gray
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

Brilliant - you're bound to have a great laugh with those - crepe paper streamer combat?

Oh yes! I’m going to copy what I’ve seen others do, there will be team events (names drawn from a hat to determine which team they will be on) plus one on one combat. Some of the Wacky Races rounds will also be run but with a difference, all models in the air at the same time!