Warbirds Replicas FW190 - the 2023 version

Ron Gray

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jesus Cardin said:

First of all, Happy New Year 2024 to all you, UK modellers.

Then I would  like to ask a question: why neither the Focke Wulf nor the Tempest show on Warbirds Replicas website as available now or in the future?

Best Regards.

Hello Jesus . 

The reason why the new pair of models do not feature on the Warbirds Replicas site is complicated . 

In a nutshell , as a cottage industry I much prefer to sell my products to people I already know or who have the opportunity to see in detail what I do and have done in the past. My models have an enviable reputation for practicality and flyability . That has been hard won over the last thirty years . Unfortunately the web site attracts a lot of one click purchasers who quite often (despite all of obvious sign posts) think that they are buying a ready to fly model . 

Consequently I am much happier among my own kind (and the newbies who hang around the pond edge watching , come on in the water's lovely ) .

The result of this decision is that , yes I restrict sales , but I treat my "gang " of regular customers like friends . I look after them and make myself available for questions and wishes and in return , they never let me down or mess me about . I dont do this for financial gain really , (hardly happens!) I do it because I love making warbirds and there is nothing better than seeing some of these smashing chaps getting a buzz out of my designs . 

Wouldnt work for many , but it works for me . 

It works well for them too. I am always happy to chat and regularly ask them what they fancy for the future . 

I hope that answers your question . 

Richard 

• Like 6