What’s this called?

An abomination.

VQ's instructions for a model that I have simply refer to it as a connector.

I bought a model 2nd hand that did something similar with a hardwood block.

My recommendation would be to use two mini servos, e.g. HS-82s (which is what I did in the VQ).

Edited by steve too
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I use the 3-way metal terminals from an electrical celing rose (see pic). Cheaper to buy than special 'dual push connectors', and more solid than using plastic terminal blocks. I then encase the whole assembly in epoxy once adjusted and tested.

551812737_3-terminalblock.jpg.dfb56e086db1798fcf1332d46da909ef.jpg

Edited by EvilC57
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kc said:

Aerobatic models often use a ' forked pushrod '  made by bending both wires  in to meet the central pushrod then binding and soldering.    Less chance of an elevator failure due to a loose screw?

That makes sense or the suggestion of separate servos, this is for a small plane (25) so not expecting too much stress.  My soldering is pretty bad so the risk may be worse that way. 

I'd probably bend the ends of that wire over at 90 deg, glue / bind them to a hard balsa block or short length of hardwood dowell, then bind a third short length to go to the servo. Nylon thread, epoxy, some scrap wood, would take only a few minutes to do.

image.png.2c1b88154317c132e81c82e8a13d66d2.png

Certainly permanent enough for a 25 size airframe.

Effectively, a (very very short) dual pushrod - which were common (as kc noted) on old 60 size aerobatic airframes in 70s/80s/90s.

Two micro servos also works fine, but the single standard servo install is already there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nigel R said:

I'd probably bend the ends of that wire over at 90 deg, glue / bind them to a hard balsa block or short length of hardwood dowell, then bind a third short length to go to the servo. Nylon thread, epoxy, some scrap wood, would take only a few minutes to do.

image.png.2c1b88154317c132e81c82e8a13d66d2.png

Certainly permanent enough for a 25 size airframe.

Effectively, a (very very short) dual pushrod - which were common (as kc noted) on old 60 size aerobatic airframes in 70s/80s/90s.

Two micro servos also works fine, but the single standard servo install is already there.

This looks a pretty practical option and your explanation is much appreciated. getting two elevators to be perfectly aligned might be very difficult though, any suggestions on how i might go about it?

9 minutes ago, EGB 953 said:

This looks a pretty practical option and your explanation is much appreciated. getting two elevators to be perfectly aligned might be very difficult though, any suggestions on how i might go about it?

If you get the connector close ennough any fine adjustments can be made at the clevise on the elevators ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1