Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

Advert

When we first came to live in the lane that I still live in (1967) the potholes were terrible.Everyone had been complaining for ages.

I painted a sign saying "Vimy Ridge. Beware of mud and shell holes"  I stuck it up late at night as I came home from late shift on night and phoned the local news paper.  They took photos  and published them.

Within a couple of weeks they had been repaired. Of course that was when councils actually took notice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peter Miller said:

When we first came to live in the lane that I still live in (1967) the potholes were terrible.Everyone had been complaining for ages.

I painted a sign saying "Vimy Ridge. Beware of mud and shell holes"  I stuck it up late at night as I came home from late shift on night and phoned the local news paper.  They took photos  and published them.

Within a couple of weeks they had been repaired. Of course that was when councils actually took notice.

Nowadays, you might be prosecuted by Highways for installing a road sign without permission 

• Like 1

Council men came along the road painting yellow lines marking holes and dips to be filled before new tar and chippings. But they did not mark a dip between the edge of the road and my entrance which was something of a pain as it diverted rain water down my drive

Got some yellow paint and contracters doing the work did a grand of filling the dip and sending rain water the correct way.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Peter Miller said:

Anarchic here, at the bottom of my dirt track is a Rat run, 5 bumps, the Marie being for once is an intelligent man has taken them out and put chicanes in, problem solved, but the Marie at the adjoining town has 3 total illegal bumps, one you can't take at 15klm/h in the 30 zone, all killer zones on 2 wheels, ( ok yes I do ride motorbikes ) and in the country he has dug out  3 ( that I pass by ) channels which is probably intended to kill off motor scooters, I have been to the town hall 3 times but no joy, he obviously sees me coming and one day he actually sent the police around to me as I hooted going over the bumps and would fine me because I was being a nuisance !.

As you can see the second and third pictures are one of the scooter killers in the middle of nowhere, real killers !,

Ps they are all Illegal but it would take a mountain of money and at least two years to take him to court to make them legal, and again being France it would take another 10 years for the justice system to act, by them the court's decision would have lapsed as he would have been out of office years before, and I would be dead and buried.

mons 1.jpg

Mons 5.jpg

Mons 6.jpg

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon
f

10 hours ago, cymaz said:

Nowadays, you might be prosecuted by Highways for installing a road sign without permission 

I recently heard that the council sent out a team to repair some pot holes. The team arrive back very late. When asked why they were so late they said that they had so many holes to repair.

It seems that someone had done what JD8 had done but over a long stretch of the road.!!!!😁

• Haha 4

On 30/03/2023 at 04:05, Peter Miller said:

Reminds me of when I worked for a large company back in the early 1980s. Our boss put a request in to the site facilities department to come and put a shelf up for us to keep workshop manuals etc. on.  A year went by without anything happening, so our boss sent a one year birthday card to the facilities department manager through the internal mail, with a suitably caustic reminder in it.  Shortly afterwards he received an irate phone call from the manager, asking who the hell he thought he was, sending such messages.

The shelf was up the next day!

• Haha 4