Ebay sellers...

Advert

Just been browsing the engines for sale on Ebay and came across this SC32

It's entered in the category 'New other' , yet it's clearly been well abused. It's generally dirty and the carb housing is cracked on both sides!!

I can't find any way to report this to Ebay as a misleading description surprise

Just shows how some sellers abuse the system, and has 100% positive feedback!

GDB

Posted by Caveman on 25/09/2020 22:03:20:

Just been browsing the engines for sale on Ebay and came across this SC32

It's entered in the category 'New other' , yet it's clearly been well abused. It's generally dirty and the carb housing is cracked on both sides!!

I can't find any way to report this to Ebay as a misleading description surprise

Just shows how some sellers abuse the system, and has 100% positive feedback!

GDB

It's in

Spares and Repairs, Not Working now, so should be ok

This one's just a curiosity; some moulds and plugs for a number of fuselages and a boat hull. Can you identify them?

The top one looks a bit like the plug or an actual fuselage for the 'Bowman's of Ipswich' Hawker Hurricane, the others look vaguely Galaxy Magician/Mystic shaped, but the kits had wooden fuselages. The bottom one is a glider of some sort.

It was a '£1 maximum selling fees' listing weekend which probably explains the lack of preparation in the photos, so I'm not going to criticise.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Doc Marten on 10/10/2020 11:01:55:

This guy often has engines listed but I've never, ever, even once seen a set of images that are in focus, I emailed him for some additional photos and they were worse!

Is it anyone on here?

Boringoldman

I've bought from him too; no problems at all. If he's losing bidders for his engines because his photos are out of focus, then you've got less competition for them.