How do you hold those Tx sticks?

I always have flown thumbs only.

I used to have a friend who flew my models for the camera. He always complained that they were too sensitive on the controls. He flew fingers and thumbs

One day I told him to fly my models on thumbs only. He found that they were much easier to fly that way.

A sort of mix between the two. Thumb on top and forefinger around the back. It's a sort of compromise as I started thumbs only but started helicopters and was advised to use finger and thumb there. I couldnt get used to it but found the compromise the most comfortable.

Now, that's interesting "Wrongway". You see if you'd have asked me I'd have said "finger and thumb" - and indeed that's what I voted. But if I stop to really think about it I do what you do, My thumb is actually on top with my forfinger sort of "wrapped around" the front of the stick!

Are we just weird? Or is this "other" wink 2

BEB

The experience at the School Club I run might be of interest..............11yr old upwards.

Initially its hard to get kids to put their thumbs on top, they tend to put the thumb behind the stick, particularly the LH throttle stick, making controlled negative movement just a trifle more difficult!!.

This is mainly because the sticks are far too long for 11 year olds, even when adjusted (where the Tx allows) to the shortest. For some of the tinier kids I have resorted to taking the tops off completely, and using a bit of fuel tube to widen the end..

We want kids to enter and enjoy the sport/hobby, yet manufacturers do little or nothing to help them do so!!!

BTW, even with cars, most kids seem to prefer sticks to wheel.