Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Lewis going to Ferrari next year will be good for George Russell this year.   What a kick in the teeth for Leclere but a chance for Sainz elsewhere.   No 2 at Ferrari has been a poisoned chalice in the past......

I was specifically thinking of Ferrari drivers only.

Like many of my generation I was heart broken when Sterling came so close to becoming World Champion, missing out to a Ferrari (driven by that dratted English Man, Mike Hawthorn). I seem to think Stirling was driving a Maserati. I believe I saw Stirling Moss at Aintree when he was driving  for Mercedes.

At that time my favourite cars were the Mercedes, especially the 300 SLR, with its airbrake (Miglia Mille), then the Gull door 300SL, which there was one at the local Mercedes dealership (when Mercedes were as rare as Hens Teeth.

As for John Surtees, what can be said? 

There were other hero's, Geoff Duke, Von Trips, Peter Craven,  and many more along the years, to many paying a heavy price

Hi PDB,

Our league code for anyone who wants to join us is 8397165 and the team name is Modelflying Forumites.

As Simon wrote, once you're 'in', the next time you'll see a button "rejoin"...

Welcome & Cheers

Chris

• Thanks 1

Evening all!  (OK, so ten past midnight isn't exactly "evening",  but what the heck...)

Our League is now reactivated,  and there are 10 of us onboard so far.  I'm sure each one of us appears to be at the top of the league in our own view of it - I certainly am in my view of the league...  But then it does say "Rankings are random until after the first race" at the top too! 😉

image.png.44ced0bbbab94bf18a98b66cb7363b92.png

I just need to select my team now.  We have just 3 weeks until the first race in Bahrain,  and there's pre-season testing in a couple of weeks - also at Bahrain.  There's 24 rounds scheduled this year, with the final race on 8 December in Abu Dhabi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Simon - things are looking up.  I just looked at (my view of) the league again,  and it's moved you up to 5th - I'm still top of course! 🤣

Meanwhile, I've now picked my team.  $75 million spent in a few minutes.  We'll see how badly I invested my money in the coming months...

Edited by John Privett
Oops, it was dollars, not pounds I was spending!
  • Haha 1