Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Don't worry about spins, You can put her into violents spins, hold them as long as you like, take your fingers off the sticks and she stops instantly.

I only fly straight and level while I am inverted.

Stuart who flies my models when I take photos always does his best to make them bite, they never do.

As for engines, well, as I always say, if it doesn't go BANG and belch out oil and smoke it lacks soul.

Advert

My new powered glider has been test flown, More details in the Kitehawk build blog.

Has a fantastic climb and great glide. Should be even nicer now that I have got the V tail mixing sorted out.

And for all those want electric power so that they can stay up all afternoon without landing, The model has been designed specially for electric power with space for the battery etc.

For those who, like me, want the challenge of flying for maximum duration on a limited engine run a Cox .049 will be perfect.

dsc_2768.jpg

dsc_2755.jpg

Perigee by Tom Brett, 1962 F3A W/C winner, plan drawn from a very small and poor quality reproduction in an old magazine.

Original was 62" span powered by an open exhaust K&B 45.

Mine has a West 36 which is ideal, Taranis gear, digi servos and I could not resist fitting electric retracts.

Just how he squeezed giant reed gear into such a small model and got the weight down to 84oz I have no idea.

perigee 010.jpg

perigee 011.jpg

perigee 001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Paul Marsh on 17/09/2016 14:11:58:

Will be on Youtube when it's running. I have another radial and flat twins on my youtube page. See here:

Is that a Sonic Tronics glow system I spy Paul ? I have one on my radial...I find it rather good and reliable. How do you find yours ?

Surely a 7 cyl radial should go on the front of the stearman laugh

Edited By cymaz on 17/09/2016 17:58:20

Maiden flight 18.9.16Today was the first run and flight of my Laser 150 powered Xtrawot built from the Chris Foss kit over th past 10 months. Radio is Spektrum and HiTec digital servos. Finish is epoxy and glass cloth on the fuselage sprayed to colour match the oracovered wings etc. The canopy is a carbon lay up from a mould I made from a plug. The colour scheme is based on a full size Extra. Weight is 11.25lbs. First engine run was perfect after an instant start and the following flight was trouble free although I will move the CG back a bit to sharpen up the elevator. Thanks and credits to Chris Foss Neil Tidey and John Harper at Laser, Phil at Fighter Aces and Forum members for advice. img_0062.jpg