Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Posted by Paul Marsh on 09/05/2020 21:05:55:

3D Print Lab Stearman.

stearman3dprint (11).jpg

Looking good, mine has been sat around waiting since late March (on page 141 of this thread). Did you have any problems getting the CoG right, I printed a small extension piece from Thingiverse to move my motor forward to get the CoG right, plus I have the next size motor up from the recommended one. There are lots of reports about it being tail heavy, as well as Chris Bott's RCME article in July 2018.

I haven't yet finally sorted the CG, however I have cnc an adjustable tray which gives me a range of battery positions and I have fitted the largest motors I can get in the cowls. From playing with the plan I have it is not too far off and I think a 75c 5000mah in the nose will be able to get it right !

Here's my 'return after 18 years off' model. It's a Wight Wizard by Keith Humber. Wing outline changed a little with larger tapered ailerons, and extended nose to balance with electric power. Battery hatch under the nose. Had 4 flights before lockdown, and came back alive! Sorry about the terrible picture...

img-20200319-wa0003.jpg

This is my other "returning to modelling after 18 years" model. It's a variation on a SIG Aerobipe. 36" and modified for ailerons and electric power. A bit ambitious modifying and to power sources I had never used. And trying my first flight after so long on an untested design. Yep...

It ended after a short, uncontrolled, rearward CofG flight with a gentle-ish landing in a ditch. I have rebuilt the front end to increase the nose length, and gave it the apple cheeks. It weighs around 1lb10Oz, so should be a gentle lady unless provoked!

Again, sorry for the dreadful pictures. I er, 'modified' the camera on my phone by dropping it on the kitchen floor...

aerobipe1.jpg

aerobipe2.jpg

Hi,

No way near as nice as the aircraft you guys have made. However here is my Depron F22 made from the scrap pieces of depron i had left over when i made my Funbats. Same motor and prop as the funbat too......Was worried it would be under powered but feels plenty powerful! Time will tell i suppose when i actually get to fly it.

JEz7TP.jpg

When i printed the plans i didn't realise it had been enlarged.....So its x1.5 larger than it should be. 

Couldn't resist naming it lockdown either. 

Cheers,

Shaun

Edited By Shaun Roberts on 15/05/2020 22:19:22

SWMBO's Ohmen maiden today.

Couple of clicks of down and rather lively roll had it gently flying around. Flies in a very stable manner with a very comfortable bleed off of speed for landing. Squeezed a loop and a couple of rolls with good predicable characteristics.

20200516_100836.jpg

Thanks to Peter Miller for a design.

As the club is not noise testing I spent an hour or so getting my Extra Slim Twin engines set up. Nearly ready to go!

20200517_103544.jpg

Edited By Chris Walby on 17/05/2020 20:31:11

Another maiden undertaken today of my OD Revolver 3, it was completed 6 months ago where its first attempt at flight was at the fly in at Buckminster. Unfortunately the prop sucked up the closed loop wires, ripping the arms of the servo and damaging other parts. Now repaired and wire guides installed thanks to the lockdown time. Flies well too which is a bonus.

Features a lower tail boom which enables me to line up the thrustline with the CG eliminating the need for a horizontal stabilizer. Result: cleaner through rough air as the back end is uneffected by upward draughts.

20200517_175707.jpg

20200517_172851.jpg

20200517_170550.jpg