RCM&E / Greenacres June 2014 fly-in - chat thread

Advert

Just a note to say that I test flew the Senior Telemaster this afternoon and the Laser performed faultlessly. It was even ticking over as it landed.

Having spent so much time on the front end of the model I had not noticed that the tail wheel was missing! Mind you Telemaster tails don't spend long on the ground. I'll fit one before Greenacres.

Pictures of the old lady attached.

stm with laser 90.jpg

stm with laser 90 (1).jpg

Hi everyone,

Well, got my shirt today so I'll be there on Saturday. I won't be flying as I'm still in training at my Club. Instead I'm greatly looking forward, very much, to meeting as many forumites as possible and to have a lot of fun!!

Oh, I'll be the one with the moustache by the way!!

See you all soon.

John.

Guys this will be, I think, my 5th Greenacres Fly in. Why do I keep coming back? Well the main reason is that in all the years so far, this is a "Fly in" - not a model aircraft show. What do I mean? Well, its weekend for us club flyers - its not the showline at the Nats and its not Weston Park. The celeb pilots get their chance to show how good they are - and they are good - at those events. This is a do for us Indians - not the Chiefs!

So, please, please don't stress yourselves about your flying. Can you get a model up in reasonable straight line, fly it round the circuit a double of dozen times and get it down basically in one piece? Yes? Of course you can - you do more than that every weekend. Then flying at the RCM&E Greenacres Fly in is for you!

And hey, even if you have a bit of a "oopssie" and break one, who cares? It happens to us all. The important thing is to relax, enjoy your flying and enjoy meeting loads of very ordinary fellow modellers who's one collective claim to fame is the very important one that they love flying model aeroplanes!

Chill and enjoy!

BEB

I'm really looking forward to this, the weather looks great for once!! The thing that makes Greenacres so special is the banter amongst like minded folks, whatever toys they've brought, flyable or not.

Looking forward to meeting the folks on the forum, I know some but most I don't so say hi to the bloke that has painted sweets on his toy aeroplane!!!

Ian.

Literally just returned from holiday so have a mountain of things to prepare and have just ploughed through the above.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Phil W. as I was looking forward to meeting you again.

I am dragging my flying buddy away from his Mrs. to attend and fly at this event. He is also very nervous about it since he has never flown in front of the public before but I have assured him that it is very low key and with me guiding him I am sure that he will enjoy every moment of it.

I have flown very many times at sessions much more nerve wracking than this and my thumbs still shake at first but you soon get used to it and relax.

Martin Mc.

We hope to be arriving tomorrow afternoon, with a caravan full of toy aeroplanes! wink 2

I've been attending Greenacres events for over a decade, and I can still remember being a tad nervous before my first flight there. Turned out there was no reason at all to be worried!

The strip is huge, with no lurking trees. The sky is huge - and looks set to be a perfect shade of blue this year.

The Greenacres crew are freindly and helpful, so don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you need cleared up.

tim

Charging packs, dusting off planes & setting everything out for loading in the van tomorrow! Will be leaving about midday so should be there around 1:30 - 2:00pm if that's OK?

Only thing left to do in the morning is to go out and buy more glow fuel! Used over half a gallon practicing for the A over the last 2 weeks!surprise Bloomin 2 strokes! crying

Hi all looking forward to it even though i will be working most of the day 's but will get my share of flying in, in the evening. it's just fun so no pressure and if anyone is mode 1, throttle right your more than welcome to have a go with my fleet. If Cymaz see's this i will have that gass propelled extra that i had trouble with, thats now good thank's to your input. See you tomorrow . Just a note all , we will be setting up from around 10 in the morning so if anyone can help out that will be great, many hands and all that , just remember what ever you do enjoy yourself and i look forward to meeting a few of you