What's flying over your house

David Pearce 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, leccyflyer said:

I think it might make a decent model TBH. I do wonder if the pilot might be a club member, or perhaps an ex-member, given the number of circuits. I got some nice in-flight pictures and I'd bet the pilot would quite like to see them.

The G-INFO website run by the CAA should give you the current owners name and address.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heard the sound of multiple jet engines and looked out but didn't see anything, due to clouds. On checking ADS-B a formation of 3 KC-135 Stratotankers on a mission - set off from RAF Mildenhall, turned round over Skye then headed for the North Sea, where they have now split up.

Yesterday we had another USAF C130 at very low level ~200ft - which landed out at Leucars, following last week's low level Herky Bird sightings.

12 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

Heard the sound of multiple jet engines and looked out but didn't see anything, due to clouds. On checking ADS-B a formation of 3 KC-135 Stratotankers on a mission - set off from RAF Mildenhall, turned round over Skye then headed for the North Sea, where they have now split up.

Yesterday we had another USAF C130 at very low level ~200ft - which landed out at Leucars, following last week's low level Herky Bird sightings.

They are escorig and refuelling the B1Bs that are coiming over - keep your eyes peeled for those ... should be 2 of them .. will be going into Fairford at about 4pm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Stringer said:

They are escorig and refuelling the B1Bs that are coiming over - keep your eyes peeled for those ... should be 2 of them .. will be going into Fairford at about 4pm

B1Bs are awesome aircraft, my sister married an American serviceman and I stayed with them at Ellsworth AFB were they and the Lancers where based. Quite a sight watching them come and go under full afterburner in the evenings.

I'm surprised there aren't more scale models of them.

Heard am saw noisey t tail 4 turbo prop ( fans ? ) Hercules ish transport aircraft flying over the braich near caernarfon area yesterday afternoon, ct19 ?

The tucano like "Texan" ? Flying low over porthmadoc a few days ago, same today at more or less the same time today.

Lovely day today.

• 2 weeks later...