At the end of the day

Steve
I live in Mallorca and so must try and visit your field one day. What is the name of the club? Could I look it up for events or open days? I am recently back into the hobby and building like a mad thing but with no flying experience. Is there a Spanish Federation like the BMFA? Sorry - too many questions!

Levanter3,

The club is situated in Igries, Huesca, Aragon. The name of the club is " club aeromodelismo osca " We have a web site with all the details of events etc. The club is affiliated to "FADA" Federacion Aragonesa de los Deportes Aereos which is the overseeing body of the "sport' here in Aragon.

The club hosts several organised events during the year and the Brietling event every few years.

Now, the strange thing is, the membership number runs into the forties but you wouldn't know it. In general there are about a dozen of us who fly regularly and have loads of fun in the process. There are models worth thousands in the hangars that I've not seen flown for at least two years.

With regard to visiting one day: no problem, just get in touch.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's a fantastic place to fly.

We also have a club house with a kitchen/bar, an open fire and TV. Ladies and gents loos and an outside shower. In the pits area we also have a 12v supply for battery charging and a PA system for those special days.

To cap it all membership fees are only 96 euros for the year.

Steve.

Bringing us back on-topic... Here's the sunset we had a couple of weeks ago up on the Downs. I don't recall if this was before, or after, the rain! I suspect before, otherwise I wouldn't have still been there looking at those clouds. This shot might have something to do with the "shower" I mentioned previously... smile p

2014-06-22 20.15.55.jpg

Urgh...jealousy can be such a cruel mistress wink

Half way up a hillside in Scotland suddenly doesn't compare! That's stunning!

Just had a look at your website, loos?  In Scotland we call them "bushes"..  Showers????? up here that's called "wait till it rains" (usually 5 - 10 minutes or just after you unload!!)

Edited By Scott Douglas 1 on 02/07/2014 08:25:39

• 2 weeks later...