Clarkson dropped

Josip Vrandecic -Mes

Advert

Yes Jo, he's great to watch.

If the BBC's version is to be believed though, attacking someone verbally and physically because they hadn't arranged hot food isn't reasonable.

However good/special/unique someone is, lines have to be drawn - and it seems he crossed that line.

Well, as a keen cyclist I consider him an over grown and over weight oaf. He has been on record as saying he'd run cyclists down if they got in his way on advanced stop lines at traffic lights -amongst other things. Now I don't think he'd actually do that but his over macho attitude certainly influences less mature drivers. I metophorically spit as I ride past his former public school in Repton.

Whatever happens the BBC can't help but sack him on what appears to be the evidence. Surely no one can support someone who resorts to physical violence at work. I'm sure if I'd hit anyone when I was working I'd be out the door at slightly under the speed of light.

Geoff

Have to agree.

I think Clarkson has tremendous presentational skills and always entertains. I've also been a fan of Top Gear ever since Clarkson was slim and had hair (a very long time ago).

However, I've never been a fan of his slightly right of Ghengis Khan politics or his ill disguised zenophobia.

Punching someone in the face and verbally abusing them is just plain wrong and all his fans that are up in arms should ask themselves how they'd feel if their boss did the same.

Well, I believe Clarkson sold the Top Gear brand back to BBC some time ago (and probably made a fortune in the process).

So the BBC could continue Top Gear but whether it would be the same without him is adifferent matter.

Give it a few years. Just like Jonathan Ross, he'll be back like the prodigal son.

Edited By Michael Ramsay-Fraser on 25/03/2015 17:47:07

it was reported elsewhere that his interest in TG was bought by BBC worldwide in 2012 for £50 million!! JC has not been sacked, he was not employed by the BBC directly but a company that makes TG for the beeb, what they can and have done is not renew the contract, due for renewal end of March! and as the other 2 presenters contract was due at the same time i find it difficult to see TG continuing, i see its perfectly OK for BBC3 to continue showing TG repeats and making money from JC et al, along with Dave, also partly owned by the beeb apparently!!

hey ho more time in me shed of a Sunday evening, or should i watch the grey TV that occupies most of the other channels,

shed it is then!!

cj

Glad to see the back of the egotistic, arogant overblown public school boy who's too full of his own self importance. IMO a most unpleasant individual. The programm has been rubbish and a load of tosh for many years, only suitable for that section of society that are best classed as 'adult children'. I think the facts of the incident are well recorded and proven; there was a serious and protracted verbal and physical assault causing the producer to visit A&E. Also, the police are now investigating the matter.

Anyone who thinks that JC has been hard done by should reflect on how they would feel if they had been in the position of the producer and what action they would expect from thier employer!

Fair agreement of view then.

On a slightly serious note, and I am well oiled, I remember in work one day being taken by the collar and gently shaken, by a boss, and thinking, as a handy lad in those days, that this "person" would look much prettier at my feet. And thinking marriage, mortgage, think on, think on, don't react ad infinitum. And you think of the minion on the receiving end of his tirade.

The problem for the BBC is that they're caught between a rock and a hard place. They'll be damned if they do, and be damned if they don't.

I think they've made the only decision they could in the circumstances, especially as it's been hinted now that the Police could be involved.

I can't see Hamster and Capt.Slow continuing in any replacement show the BBC may come up with, and as has already been said their contracts are also up at the end of the month.

In my opinion the best all three can do now is hope for another channel to come forward with a new idea for a show, although I doubt very much if they'll be able to better the TG format.

Yes, how fascinating would a new show be, real road tests of cars we could all buy - wake me up when it's over will you? That was never the intent of Top Gear was it? If I want to know how a Fiesta drives I'll pop along to the local Ford dealer for a demo.

I admit it, I enjoyed the TG format, showing off cars I can never hope to own, sticking a finger up at Aunty Beebs excess of PC and H&E. Long Live the Revolutionlaugh

What I do question is why a grown man carts himself off to A&E for a fat lip unless it's a calculated plan to milk the maximum out of what could be a very lucrative court action - the lawyers will be queuing up at his door! I'm not defending Clarkson , tempting as it can be to slap some people actually doing it is usually going a step too far. At least TG has gone out with a bang!

I cant believe Clarkson will be off our screens for long and I wouldnt be surprised to see the other two with him on another channel - considering how lucrative TG was for the beeb the other channels will be queing up to sign him up for something as daft and brilliant as TG

Posted by Bucksboy on 25/03/2015 21:57:30:

So explain what John Prescott did different? He was applauded for physically attacking someone.

If I remember correctly, JP was attacked by a guy with an egg and reacted, he didn't punch somebody after ranting at them for not providing a hot dinner after he'd come back sozzled from the pub.