Clarkson dropped

Josip Vrandecic -Mes

Advert

Posted by Mark/Badge on 25/03/2015 22:41:47:

I think the three of them still have plenty to look forward to, I loved the shows, & another channel will soon take them on board, they are loved world-wide, & as mentioned JP can get away with it & he's an MP ! Oh & Johnathon Ross incident, etc etc,.

35 mins of Top Gear and 25 mins of adverts? No thanks.

I heard an interview yesterday on Radio 4 with Quentin Willson, a former presenter of Top Gear, who has worked with Clarkson. There is obviously no love lose between them, but he did make an interesting point.

If TG does go to a commercial TV channel, Clarkson will find it difficult to be Clarkson because advertisers will not put up with his nonsense. Can you imagine it, car manufactures will be lining up to have their products advertised on the show whilst Clarkson tells the TV audience how rubbish their cars are. Also, would advertisers want to be identified with some of the outrageous things which are said on the show as it is now. I don't think so. Clarkson, for once, would have to watch his Ps and Qs.

If it does migrate to another channel Top Gear will be very very different

One of my most happy memories of Clarkson was not on Top Gear.

He had been taken for a flight in an F-16 I think but am open to correction..

When they landed he climbed down the ladder and literally collapsed in a heap at the bottom of the ladder.

I can't help feeling that perhaps the pilot was not impressed by Jeremy and threw him around a bit more that was expected.

I do agree with JC on one point, cyclists !!!! Why do they ride in the middle of the road when there is a perfically good cycle path which the council paid to have built with our money ?? Why do they ride in groups talking to each other ? I was taught to ride single file in traffic. Oh and caravans not leaving passing room in front, speeding on the motorway, I could go on and on. laugh I for one will miss it, especially the Marina saga.

If you thump a colleague these days especially after ranting at him for twenty minutes you've got to go whoever you are. When Clarkson isn't being an ass he's a remarkably effective presenter. I particularly admired a film he made about Brunel and another about Major Robert Henry Cain and other VC winners.

Clarkson is married to Cain's daughter. She did not know that her father had won the VC until after he had died because "he never thought to mention it."

Politicians can get away with anything without needing to be famous or funny. If society morphs into a dull shade of grey then people like Clarkson will come out fighting. For millions of people Jeremy is an antidote, the bloke that probably exists a little bit in all of us and very often brings hard truths. You shouldn't really call a spade a spade if really it is a duck. I have seen many people who say they really dislike him forcing to hide that smile.

The Victoria Cross - For Valour.

Inventions that changed the World.

The Greatest Raid of All Time.

PQ17 Arctic Convoy Disaster.

I Don't like 'Top Gear' and find JC's antics tiresome..................However, when he's got his 'serious head' on he makes great programmes like the four I've listed above. Rather than being a 'Marmite character' he's actually a 'Curate's egg' . I hope he drops the overgrown schoolboy image that he cultivates far too much but has made him very wealthy over the 'Top Gear' years.

A lot of what he said was true he just chose daft words sometimes to explain things.

I have to admire his no nonsense approach but if you cross the line and blat someone you have to expect the sack. Someone where i work got the sack for slapping someone even though she had worked there over 25 yrs

I will miss him though

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 25/03/2015 22:01:31:
Posted by Bucksboy on 25/03/2015 21:57:30:

So explain what John Prescott did different? He was applauded for physically attacking someone.

If I remember correctly, JP was attacked by a guy with an egg and reacted, he didn't punch somebody after ranting at them for not providing a hot dinner after he'd come back sozzled from the pub.

As far as I can see the sozzled bit is pure conjecture, the story I heard was that Tamsin or whatever he calls himself had insisted on extending the day's shooting with retakes and assured JC & co that he had made arrangements for them to be provided with a hot meal when they got back to the hotel, and that he had failed to do so. This was what (reportedly) triggered the confrontation.

JP, as a controversial politician, made himself a prime target for public abuse and as a supposed responsible representative of his constituents was completely out of order attacking a member of the public. He had a security detail who's job that was.

On the subject of sacking for physical assaults - why do we allow 'sportsmen' to get away with it - yes, I am looking at football and rugby players!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 26/03/2015 10:15:06

The Producer is the 'Boss' and Clarkson the hired help, fact. I also have worked in the industry like Clarkson and you know that most filming days you are going to over run and meals will be taken late, this applies to everyone from 'The Star' down to the floor runner. It is no use getting upset about it, it's the way you earn your living. Having said that, yes I enjoy watching Top Gear but some of the stunts are, I am afraid ,suited to 14yr old schoolboys. The real mans programme is 5th Gear.

Posted by Percy Verance on 26/03/2015 10:19:56:

I'll have 50p says Clarkson will be snapped up fairly pronto by the Sky/Channel 5 brigade. And I might even risk a further 50p on the other two being tempted with offers to join him.......

Agreed Percy.. yes

SKY has a global audience, it would make good sense for the three of them to head there.. secure an excellent deal and those wishing to advertise around the show will queue up and pay a fortune for such slobal coverage..

They should do a Tomorrows World (May loves aviation) show too, and a Countryside for Hammond to play with his dogs, tractor and sheep.. if they filmed it all around Whitney.... who knows would have "walk on parts" or be the star in a reasonably priced.... the opportunities are endless.. devil

I'd have 75p on the deal is already done.. their collective contracts were all up for renewal next Tuesday, so I cant imagine they had not / were not considering all options.

Looking forward to them all returning soonest; a spot a light entertained that is missed.

Don't know why the Yorkshire police need to stick their oars in though, no charges have been pressed by the injured party. The huge amount of serious (and unsolved) crime should be foremost in their minds, not JC. Surely that's what we (the tax payers) pay them for.

As for PV's comment re. Pollution; 40 cigarettes a day hardly compares to the pollution put out by any average car on any given day's motoring, petrol or diesel powered.