2016 RCM&E Autumn Special- Free Plan Modellers Choice

I'm here again the Whirlwind must get a mention, but as youv'e done the closest best thing this year...Mosquito, I want push for a Whirlwind,

My choices would be :-

1 Hawker HInd E.P. 60/70"

2 Junkers 52m ...iron annie ( 3 EP ) 72"

3 Percivil Provost...... I.C. 60/70"

There are so many fine aircraft to choose from,

Cheers

Barry

Edited By A.A. Barry on 12/01/2016 13:56:38

How about something a little different.

Perhaps a

• Beechcraft Stagger Wing or
  • Waco SRE
  • Martin Baker 2

Or even a medium sized Gee Bee as the kits seem to sell well.

WW2 is now long gone, the memories and experiences associated with some aircraft are now passing with the people who lived through it. Perhaps more emphasis on classic civil aircraft that are now preserved and flying.

Or alternatively an early Jet, where there was still some wing area, relative to the body?

Erf I agree that WW2 was along time ago and so true that each year that goes by there are less survivors of this period. However all the time you have the BBMF, Flying Legends and many others around the globe restoring,replicating and flying these aircraft WW2 will never be forgotten and passed down to the generations....Long may it continue! Of course modellers play their part by making beautiful scale models of these warbirds and flying them. At 16 years old I always wanted a spitfire, I did have one and crashed it through inexperience! At 37 I still want another and will make one one day.

I think the plane chosen would most likely have to satisfy 3 markets for sale UK,USA and Australia which leads me to believe that A Warbird or JET are the most logical for the special in this day and age sales are the most important. However bipes can't be ruled out either as the French Nieuport 17 and others were used and would be popular in the US. It will be interesting to see the final subject chosen.

Regards

Steve

Steve

The problem I have with many WW2 aircraft, they are the same ones.

WW1 aircraft, is that unfortunately they often need building, beyond the simple sheet sides.

I realise that from TN perspective they have to be commercial. Which does mean, more of the same, or something that has so much character, that it generates sales because of this personality.

I would like to see something that hasn't been done to death, or is readily available to download free from the internet.

Any Japanese WWII twin would be great.

How about Macchi 205 Veltro.

Or, an Arado 196. Now that's different !

I must admit I do like the idea of theSIAI-Marchetti SF.260.

Just one major request. Please make it something different.

Yak 50, Zero ( both a bit more complicated 'cos of the retracts ), or a Chipmunk ( what's not to like? ), or my favourite option, the Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter which, with the fixed u/c, structural wing bracing and potential to fit flaps could be made as complicated and "interesting" as you like.

All 4 for electric power, especially the PC-6, that long thin nose would look awful with an ugly great finned cylinder head and exhaust silencer hanging out in the breeze!

My issue with wire braced bipes of any size is the sheer hassle of rigging them at the field. At least the Fiat's rigid bracing would allow plug in wings to be assembled easily.

If it is a wire braced bipes, a Jungmann in line cowl or Lycoming Jungmeister would be good for hiding IC engines.

Aichi Val - did I mention that?devil