Order mistake

fly boy3

I purchased a Bixler2 from Amazon for my grandson, asI always get problems with HK. It arrived today minus servos, motor and esc. Did I order the wrong one ? The box art on the front of box states these are included, but a box is ticked too saying Artf. It's no good to me like this. Any help out there

Advert

Hi Fly Boy.

Sorry to say the ARTF comes as the air frame only, no servos, motor, esc, etc of you paid £55 plus postage thats the case. The PNF comes with everything and costs £65 plus postage so a good deal to get all the hardware with it. As a suggestion of what to do, see what the PNF comes with on the HK web site, size of motor, size of servos, size of esc etc and source alternatives (HK don't seem to have as spares the bits you need in the UK). Alternatively see if HK will take this back if you order a PNF version. Another idea is sell the ARTF on ebay/at your club and order the PNF version.

Hope you sort it K

Hi Keith, We paid £80 inc p/p, thats why we thought it was full kit and a Bix2 would have been cheaper than a Bix 3 as it was an older model. I have sent an email for a return to Amazon and HK. Just wondered who of these two I should be negotiating with ? Thanks for the info.  Ps cannot check on the Amazon web site for correct wording as its now unavailable lol

Edited By fly boy3 on 12/09/2018 18:53:11

I ordered some bits off HK Hong kong. I stipulated on my order, deliver to my home address, but got an email says its marked ready for collection at the UK warehouse. How did that happen? Anyway, I got onto online chat, and managed to get the order posted to me - hopefully! Time will tell.

Seems I'm having problems with some orders, either the model got lost *(cancelled on paypal and bought another one), stuff going to wrong warehouse or cannot get some items - as sold out before there is a chance to order.

All been sorted, so far but is annoying...

I'm not sure where HK comes into the equation: You said you bought from Amazon, so you can return to Amazon for a full refund if it's not what you expected. I've done that in the past, with no problem even though it was my fault for ordering the wrong thing.

Just go to 'Your orders' on their web site, select the transaction in question, and you should see a click-button for 'Return or Replace Items'.

Hi all, not having much luck at trying to return my wrongly ordered Bixer, and not being electrically switched on yet lol, I wondered if I could have some help. Which of these would turn out cheapest, 1, keep the model and buy a power train, 2, get my money back and buy a complete pnp model. Thanks

Posted by Allan Bennett on 12/09/2018 19:56:41:

I'm not sure where HK comes into the equation: You said you bought from Amazon, so you can return to Amazon for a full refund if it's not what you expected. I've done that in the past, with no problem even though it was my fault for ordering the wrong thing.

Just go to 'Your orders' on their web site, select the transaction in question, and you should see a click-button for 'Return or Replace Items'.

I was aware already, but confirmed in a BBC news article this morning - over half the items sold through Amazon are by third party sellers. In those cases Amazon require you to deal with the seller to resolve issues. To protect their reputation, Amazon will step in if the seller has done something wrong and is not playing ball, but in cases like this I’m afraid they will say “contact the seller and arrange a return”. Of course a return to HK is not goung to be realistic.

Best the OP could do is see whether the seller would be nice and send on the electrics pack for a reasonable additional charge.

Check out the online selling laws - i think you have 14 days to reject the goods and get your money back. Need to act within the time limit and you then have another 14 days to return the item.    See  Which? website

Edited By kc on 17/09/2018 10:27:44

Hi Dennis, sorry not a scrap of paper in the box. I would be very dis sappointed if I was a newbie as there are no instructions or anything of help in the box. In fact there is no mention of Amazon anywhere only Hobby King. I am in negotiations wth Amazon on their chat line at the moment. We will see what happens. Thanks

Just occurred to me FB, while online to Amazon, you can in fact, very easily order from a second party

A secondhand, or other item on offer.

You may have goods from someone advertising on Amazon

Nonetheless, Amazon are still obligated.

If you get nowhere shortly, then go the other way, telephone your Credit Card company or Paypal

Have ready the date and any reference number, and they will tackle this from their end

After going though Amazons returns policy, I received the email above, but no official returns label. Today I received another email asking me to send the returns to some obscure address in uk, with no mention of Amazon or HK ? It also said returns accepted if packaging etc was un opened. Is this usual ? There was some mention of3rd party involvement on this thread. Cheers ps will I have to pay postage?

Posted by PatMc on 19/09/2018 18:24:34:

Denis, have you seen this ?

Thanks Pat, I was led to this, and oh what a mess, but ultimately this is an Amazon return, but FB did not get any paperwork.

If this is FBs Supplier, then the model should be shipped back to Amazon.

As I said, normally Amazon encloses a Returns note with the delivery Normally

All reputable online suppliers will handle returns and refunds as per Online Selling Regs