If you only had one engine to use, which one would it be.

Braddock, VC

This seems to be a common theme on many websites, I tried to be disciplined and finally came down to an OS 91 Fx.

My 91 has been in very many airplanes from a kit built acrowot with a 14x7 3 bladed graupner up to an Xtrawot with a 14x6 apc and with two dragon ladies, two WM midget mustangs, one BH midget mustang and a Goldberg ultimate in between. There may be a couple of others but I can't remember what they were but basically anything 60 sized.

I used to swap engines quite a bit and the 91Fx shares the same mounting footprint as the O 91 FS, saito 125 FS, Yamada 110/115 FZ and not forgetting my OS 61 FX.

It's been the most reliable engine I've ever had and I can't remember the last time I changed a plug.

Most of its time with me it's been fed 10% liquid gold but recently I've upped to 15% liquid gold and it still hand starts easily.

MDS 38

It was bought to power a Limbo dancer it's brothers powered a couple of helis.

The Limbo Dancer spent a lot of time pretending to be a heli.

The original towed Ripmax Trainer round the skies for years. It then was the only engine I held on to when Isold up on retirement and moved into an RV for a couple of years when we explored North America.

I have no idea how many gallons of 5 % it consumed but it was a lot.

Utterly reliable, almost always a first flick start and no messing around with the needle just two clicks richer in winter.After 12 years I sold it still on the original bearings.

Irvine 53 Mk 2. Powerful, easy to start and goes on for ever! Wish they were still making them but I guess it took too much business away from the OS55.

Second choice would be DLE 35RA. My second petrol engine and with a JMB can quieter than many 60 size glows. Easy to start, economical and powerful.