Poll for who intends to register.

Martin  McIntosh

Advert

👍 I intend to continue flying so will register and pay whatever the final charge is. Not a happy chappy but I have no intention to break the law, my protest days have been left behind back in the 60 ' s . Just my opinion so have no problems with others who feel the need to protest, my flying days diminish with age so I can't afford to miss too many 😱.

Paul.

Posted by Doc Marten on 17/05/2019 22:35:25:
Posted by Martin Harris on 17/05/2019 21:49:12:
.............theatening to ignore legal requirements can't be helpful to them.

Why not?

If the BMFA have a cast iron figure to put forward of how widly inaccurate their estimation of 170,000 is and much cash the DofT won't be seeing if they force this through then that's negotiating power for the BMFA.

It's the way most disputes are handled.

Threatening to flout the law could be interpreted as being much the same as the irresponsible faction that have brought about the excuse for this legislation. The commercial interests driving the process would love to see us painted in the same light.

Posted by Doc Marten on 17/05/2019 22:54:06:
Posted by Ray Wood 4 on 17/05/2019 22:44:30:

Here we go again !!!😢

Edited By Ray Wood 4 on 17/05/2019 22:45:27

Meaning what?

Meaning "Here we go again", as in "Wind them up and watch them go".

Maybe I should go into business selling soap boxes ? Looks like there could be a good market !

My suggestion is that we wait until after the EU elections and then get Nigel Farage on board. Or tell Boris we will vote for him if he cancels all this registration business (ok, well maybe not).

Why not organise a 24 month sabbatical on RC flying over 250gms ? Who would pay for the scheme then ? The CAA ? Who finances them ?

We have known about this since the government's knee jerk reaction last year and as with all knee jerk reactions it is likely to come back and bite them. The fact is that all parties know that there aren't enough law abiding model fliers to be able to finance this scheme. The question is, can the BMFA, the CAA and the government sort this out between them. My bet is that eventually the government will decide that in order for it not to cost them, it will be easier to let the CAA and BMFA sort it out. At the end of the day, if there is nobody there to pay for the system it will be the responsibility of those who instigated it to pay for it. There again, what is a couple of million to them ? It's probably less than their costs for bringing Donald Trump over to visit them (once a year).

Keep up the good work Ray. yes

Can't see this thread lasting 41 pages.

Nor do I see a poll of this nature doing anything but damage. The old arguments being dragged out again and again will do nothing to help those agencies and individuals who are trying to get the misguided proposals changed through proper channels.

Levanter

I will register as a pilot (the free thing). I don't consider myself to be an operator.

Still not had any reply from my MP, The Red Barron or the CAA. Letter number 2 will be sent to them all on Monday. I had far more question on my letter than just the cost, and I do want to see their answers. They are supposed to be servants of the people after all.

If anybody else has had a reply, please let us all know!

Edited By Jason Inskip on 18/05/2019 08:19:18

Posted by Doc Marten on 17/05/2019 22:29:53:
Posted by GrahamWh on 17/05/2019 20:53:33:

If anyone intends to carry on flying without registering they might be foolish to advertise the fact on a public forum. Perhaps it could miss that option out.

Edited By GrahamWh on 17/05/2019 20:56:38

A poll is anonymous.

Are you really sure about that, who knows what happens when you press that button dont know You could end up in some ones black book list laugh

cant see the point of having a poll for those that (intend to register)!I think that the numbers would give a bit of an indication about the thoughts of forum members - but that's all - so cant see the point really.

I don't like what i'm been told about paying extra money,taking a test and all the other restrictions that are been talked about either but as a law abiding person,i will go along with what ever is introduced(I/we have to).

asking others not to register ect is as bad as been one of the wasters who are breaking the rules and regs on a daily basis,and don't forget,you'll be uninsured should you decide not to stay within the decided regs.

so as much as its a pain in the hows your father,whatever comes out I/we will have to participate in it to carry on....or give up our enjoyable hobby.

good luck to the BMFA,LMA and the rest who are attempting to influence the discussions on behalf of their members...

my current thoughts anyway(where's Erfolg,he's got some canny opinion's) ……

ken anderson...ne...1....poll's.reg's and where's erfolg dept.

Posted by Martin Harris on 17/05/2019 23:50:20:

Threatening to flout the law could be interpreted as being much the same as the irresponsible faction that have brought about the excuse for this legislation. The commercial interests driving the process would love to see us painted in the same light.

Nail hit firmly on the head there.

May I suggest that rather than threatening to register, which is obviously deliberately breaking the law, it might be better to register as a flier and append your BMFA / LMA membership number or your name and address to any models you fly. That way you are at least making your models traceable to YOU, which after all is what the new legislation is all about. It would be easier to argue with plod that you are not against registration, but are against paying for someone else to benefit.

edit - can't see the point of having a poll.

Edited By Gary Manuel on 18/05/2019 09:47:19

What if you are a business and teach people to fly ? I have 50 planes that people come and use, borrow, all the planes would have the same registration number on. Do i as the owner register for both parts , take the test and pay £16.50 and the people that my planes just do the online test and pay nothing ?

Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 18/05/2019 09:33:57:
Posted by Martin Harris on 17/05/2019 23:50:20:

Nail hit firmly on the head there.

If we are required to abide by the new regs, then of course, as responsible citizens we'll do so, even if that means having a slight and perfectly legal self imposed delay. However, bad law is bad law and I'm still clinging to the opinion that the 'fat might be pulled from the fire' at the eleventh hour, and a sensible and pragmatic arrangement outside of what's been mooted will be forthcoming. Perhaps even a rethink after a period of time. What's facing us is really that absurd.

If you've written to the appropriate people as we've been advised, then you've done your bit - I'm pleasantly surprised at how many of my flying friends have been putting their pens/keyboards into action - time to sit tight and await events.

Edited By Cuban8 on 18/05/2019 09:57:43

I'll be flying, registering, staying within the law and not worrying too much about whether it costs the same as a mid range servo or at the high end a mod range receiver, per annum, to maintain that registration. I doubt it will make the slightest difference to illegal operation of drones/UAVs or whatever, but it was inevitable given the sort of incidents that have been picked up by the media.