Good news thread.

Advert

Placed order with 4-max, George let me know there was a delay with some parts by email.

Emailed and then phoned to find George was under the weather with a cold, but said their supplied had just delivered and would dispatch.

Parcel arrived with full parts ordered by 9:30 today and I only spoke to George yesterday !

Should have a enough Lipos to fly 4 Nutballs 6 times in an hour (pilots permitting!) - The Scouts will be pleased!

Nice weather...days holiday....just got to head off to the field!

There's Good news and Bad news,,

Bad news first - Today being Summer Solstice was the longest day.. So,, it's all down hill from here on chaps. sad

The Good news is... Lots more gorgeous flying days still to come,, So lets rejoice! laugh

I was born on the Summer Solstice in 1939. We had a celebration on Saturday with family and friends with lots of bubbly. For me the icing on the cake was my wife's present of a paperback book - Wings on my sleeve by "Winkle" Brown. Hard to put down but had to break off to share the news.

Malcolm

Posted by Malcolm Fisher on 24/06/2019 20:31:14:

I was born on the Summer Solstice in 1939. We had a celebration on Saturday with family and friends with lots of bubbly. For me the icing on the cake was my wife's present of a paperback book - Wings on my sleeve by "Winkle" Brown. Hard to put down but had to break off to share the news.

Malcolm

Congratulations by my heart...Sircocktail

Good news. The temperature is down to 35°, the house still feels slightly cold, but coming up to comfortable. I have not needed my new cozy.

and my beloved cooks dinner, a fancy quiche and salad. Fine pastry cook.

two edits, unemployed, and have found her alcoholic ginger beer goes well, if fortified with cognac

Edited By Don Fry on 26/06/2019 17:41:24

Edited By Don Fry on 26/06/2019 17:43:30

Me and the Missus went to B and Q today to buy some things. As we walked away from the van, I noticed a small motorbike carrying two youths, with a weird number plate, I commented to her indoors re the illegal plate, and as we watched they went straight to my van and started to get in with a large screwdriver..............

At that I legged it back, about a hundred yards, with the Missus howling at them. As I got there the pillion was back on the bike, but they had to go around the hedges on the car park.....I went through em.........I had them, thought I............ only to be threatened with a 12" screwdriver. Decision made ..........leave it, even if I had got them off the bike, I didn't fancy that in my tripes.........LOL

Good News ??????

Yeah, I still got my Van........smile d

D.D.

DD - any interest from the gendarmes?

On the positive side, if you had made contact with either or both of the vermin and the little dears had suffered anything more than their hair getting ruffled, you'd be the one wearing handcuffs in the back of a police car.

Blimey, Dwain, that sounds a bit fierce. I think you took the wise option. There's no point being brave and ending up with a 12" screwdriver in your guts. It's enough to shake you up; well it would certainly be enough to shake me up!

We've just loaded our old camper (LWB Transit based) with clothes, food, bikes etc ready for a trip to Cardiff tomorrow. My nephew is getting married at St Fagan's folk museum on Saturday (it's a site with traditional buildings from all over Wales and he's doing the dirty in a beautiful working men's institute building. Worst thing is I've had to buy a suit - the first since I got married 52 years ago! Checked the outfit this am before putting it all in the van to make sure it fitted OK - not really my thing and i was gald to get back in my scruffs afterwards

We're aiming for a leisurely drive down the Foss. I assume it's still there and not obliterated by new dual carriageways.

Geoff