Your experience of Banggood delivery time?

Advert

My Pixhawk FC arrived today and, as some people have mentioned, the packaging was flimsy; just an anti-static bag within a grey thin plastic postage bag. But it seems to have made it in working order without any visible damage. I note that its value was well under-declared -- either that or I was well over-charged for it laugh

Simon Chaddock's info is interesting but it's surely about full size aircraft......and it depends on where you view it - from pilots seat or from in front.

.the point here is what does one order from Banggood for model props? It's not stated anywhere on the website that i can find, but I deduce that Banggood mean viewed from the pilots seat so CW is normal ( counterclockwise from the front when starting a glow model) and CCW is reverse rotation for the few occasions when thats needed.. One needs to be very careful to click the box for the correct rotation!

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of these Chinese products are made in batches so once the batch is completed the factory switches to making something else entirely. It can take many months before a production line is restarted to produce another batch. That doesn't help you if you place an order and they have just sold out. Hobbyking used to have that problem sometimes but now you can't order on their website if the product is out of stock, perhaps Bangood should do the same? The problem seems to be there aren't any wholesalers to hold stock, just the manufacturers and sellers. A cheap business model but not satisfactory if you are unlucky enough to wait months for your order.

I rather fancy one of those mini welders but I am not sure what I would do with it though!

No problems for me so far. I ordered a 4cm diameter thrust race for the leadscrew on the lathe; UK prices were around £6. It arrived from Banggood in a week, in fact had radial roller bearings instead of just balls and cost 99p including postage. Royal Mail or whatever they're called this week would have charged more than that just for the stamp. No complaints, but it may depend what you order.

• 1 month later...

I have viewed Banggood's website and like the look of a couple of high capacity lipos. Now I am not sure of the wisdom of ordering them. Mainly there doesn't seem to be any stock control indication /out of stock information. Clearly here there has been some patchy reports about service/availability so I have my doubts particularly with something as sensitive as lipos and couriers. My other doubt is if they come direct from China (or not given the current situation) . Any recent experience? Thanks.

A friend was telling me how several of the people with whom he works get their orders from BangGood and Aliexpress sent to their office, as they aren't home when the postman arrives. Given the long delivery times, most have usually forgotten what they ordered, so its a bit like 'Secret Santa' when they open their parcels!

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 05/03/2020 20:10:32:

I have viewed Banggood's website and like the look of a couple of high capacity lipos. Now I am not sure of the wisdom of ordering them. Mainly there doesn't seem to be any stock control indication /out of stock information. Clearly here there has been some patchy reports about service/availability so I have my doubts particularly with something as sensitive as lipos and couriers. My other doubt is if they come direct from China (or not given the current situation) . Any recent experience? Thanks.

I ordered some of those Lipos last year. To date they still have not arrived. It took me three months to get the money back. Never again!. HK UK and got them in three days.

Posted by SIMON CRAGG on 06/03/2020 06:48:56:

I ordered some of those Lipos last year. To date they still have not arrived. It took me three months to get the money back. Never again!. HK UK and got them in three days.

The impression I get is that the sellers either aren't aware of the Royal Mail's ban on delivering Lipos, or just take a chance on some getting through and refund on the rest. The Royal Mail must have one enormous pile of seized Lipos somewhere!.

Posted by Nigel R on 06/03/2020 11:04:45:

I've bought a few small bits from banggood. All have taken the best part of two or three months to arrive.

UK retailers much preferred!

Oh dear, as it is a month since I placed my last order with Bangood I was expecting delivery any day. In the light of these posts, perhaps not sad. (It took them five days from receipt of order to dispatch it!)