BMFA 2021 Membership ????

tigerman

Posted by Gary Manuel on 02/12/2020 17:50:41:
Posted by Mike Blandford on 02/12/2020 16:58:34:

Tried to do mine but got:
"Profile Section Incomplete. Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required."
I checked my profile and there is nothing marked with a asterisk on any of the tabs!

Mike

I got exactly the same, but I worked around it. My problem was that the Gender entry in my profile was empty (didn't initially have asterisk though). Once I filled the Gender tab in, the asterisk appeared and all was then ok.

I had that problem as well, and although my profile page showed the Gender correctly, the gender field on the "update details" page was empty. Fill that in and save then do the renewal immediately, as the field seem to empty itself again later.

Andy Symons is aware and investigating.

Dick

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Gary Manuel on 02/12/2020 18:18:43:

Question for Andy Symons.

I've just renewed my membership and CAA registration. I have received 3 emails with receipt, BMFA certificate and CAA exemptions, but (as I half expected) no new CAA Operator number. Will BMFA be sending data across to CAA in batches similar to last year to allow them to issue the new Operator ID? If so, what are the planned dates?

Many thanks and glad to see system is working (with a few minor issues).

Edited By Gary Manuel on 02/12/2020 18:22:28

Hi,

I have the same question.

I renewed my BMFA on 1st December and my CAA two days later, (it wouldn’t work at the same time as the BMFA renewal. I got my new BMFA membership card but have heard nothing from BMFA or CAA regarding my Operator ID. Do I take it from this that the Operator ID remains the same?

Look forward to getting confirmation.

S

Thanks John,

I checked and the OP ID remains the same. The question I suppose is will it remain the same?

I’m not sure if the CAA will be changing the OP ID annually as some people have said. Have I missed something?

I don’t look forward to replacing OP ID’s.

A question for Andy or Membership team?

S

Posted by Gary Manuel on 16/12/2020 00:25:38:

That's interesting!

My existing OP number has been extended by 1 year into Feb 2022. I thought the CAA were going to issue new numbers.

What's the story behind this?

I think it is a bit confusing because the CAA rules under which we fly will be changing at the 31st December, and their system with it.

I registered last year via the BMFA so my existing OP ID is valid until February 2021, but I have also paid my next £9 via the BMFA recently so my registration is now shown as valid until February 2022.

I believe I can expect a new OP ID in February when my renewal is processed via the BMFA to CAA. The new OP ID should be the permanent one under the 1st Jan new system.

In times of change we have to expect a little confusion.

Dick

I found the answer to my question on an earlier thread, which I must have missed for some reason.......

Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 19/10/2020 18:28:37:

Posted by leccyflyer on 19/10/2020 18:01:46:

Thanks Andy - that does sound like we won;t have the option of keeping our original numbers though- if what has been posted here is correct.

For those that renew before 1st Jan they will have the same number, but only for 1 more year, those that renew after will get a new number that will then stay with you.

Edit - apologies. The usual indents and vertical lines associated with quotes was lost during the cut and paste. The first paragraph belongs to leccyflier and the second to Andy Simons.

Edited By Gary Manuel on 16/12/2020 10:04:38

Posted by Tim Hooper on 22/12/2020 22:24:09:

Tried to renew online, but gave up after an hour or so.

My wife is a family member, but the site wanted to charge her as a senior member in her own right.

I'll get on the phone tomorrow.

Tim

Strange, my wife also a family member. I had no issues and all complete in 5 mins. Our Club is paying for the CAA this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just renewed, it was easy to do in the end, BUT, the site is terrible to navigate, it needs to be sorted and I can see why people are getting annoyed. If you try to go back to a previous page you are sent back to the login page.

Also my CAA reg is valid till July, so I left that alone even tho the site was telling me it was ready to renew.

Options to add things to the "basket" were not available I had to remove membership and start again to get the card cos I missed it the first time.

I think the site needs a basic rethink, also I had to change my password again, as the old one didn't work anymore.

D.D.

I managed to put through 60 renewals and CAAs this morning using the club bulk renew facility without probs. I don't find the portal that difficult or awkward to navigate, there is quite a lot there especially if you have club data as well as your own personal stuff, but TBH half an hour going round the site as a refresher before using it again is worthwhile.

I don't know what it's like now, but when I was at work we had a SAP package for managing and ordering spares and other techy stuff. A complete nightmare to use, totally unintuitive with half a dozen ways to do the same thing and packed to the gunnels with stuff that you never used and would trap you into going off in all manner of directions you didn't want. Highly stressful when you were under pressure to get something done. BMFA is a doddle in comparison.

Yep, I've done our members, hardest bit is making sure you get every bodies choices right, some want CAA and/or card and some don't. I made one mistake and found at checkout that I'd missed a members card, the only way I could add it was to remove him from the checkout and then redo his BMFA this time with card. But apart from that very smooth.

Posted by Ray Wood 4 on 01/01/2021 11:25:00:

Morning All,

Had a lovely email from the BMFA saying my membership has now expired, as I am waiting for the postal renewal form to arrive to pay by cheque, the postal system must be in meltdown ?? nothing arrived yet !

Regards Ray

Postal application form can be downloaded from **LINK**

Why not renew through the membership portal or over the phone? So much easier and much quicker.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response, I am fully aware of all the options available, I guess I'm only playing Devil's advocate for the old postal renewal system, as I'm guessing quite a few of our older members wouldn't have computer access ?

I know a lot of folk re-join out of habit and tradition (and for the insurance etc)

Regards Ray