Covid vaccine good news

Peter Jones 21

Advert

3 minutes ago, Gary Manuel said:

Mine's booked for next Friday. I'm a mere pup at 61 but called in early due to dicky ticker.

My 25 year old housebound son is expecting a visit by the nurse tomorrow for his.

Feels like a weight has been lifted.

Just need to wait for wife to get her invite then we're all sorted.

Got mine this Saturday Gary, Thorne Leisure center, I'm not on vulnersble list.

I'm inclined to think that feeling generally unwell for a couple of days afterwards might not be such a bad thing. It proves that your body is doing its job reacting to the vaccine and building immunity. Feeling nothing on the other hand might lead you to question whether the vaccine has worked.

Just my weird logic at work here.

I have been a bit of colour for a couple of days which could be the jab on Saturday, symptoms tie in with the 1:10 side effects on the data sheet. Not ill and not worth reporting but good news because it is a sure sign that I am producing antibodies. 

I have had many jabs in my life and this to me is nothing worth talking about.

Bring on the second jab and as @john stones 1 Moderator says let me out.

?

• Like 1

Had the first AZ vaccine on Tuesday and only noticed a moderate headache, slight nausia and feeling fatigued all yesterday. No probs this morning so I guess I'm OK. They warned me at the surgery that small side effects are common - certainly nothing to what one might endure without the  jab. The regular Flu jab also makes me feel a bit rough for a day or two so I suppose it depends on one's constitution. My other half never gets Flu jab side effects and her Pfizer jab similarly had no effects.

We had ours just over 5 weeks ago and we're both fine now and neither of us had any bad effects beyond a very slight stiffness for about a day.  Looking forward to our next appointment with Mr Pfizer and then, hopefully, a degree of freedom.  The organisation at our local small hospital was faultless, with lots of help. I quite enjoyed being the youngest in the room for a change as it was a couple of days after my 81st birthday and all the rest were octogenarians, too (apart from the staff, of course.)

Geoff

On 17/02/2021 at 22:27, GrumpyGnome said:

Had my Pfizer jab today too. Arm little sorer than for flu jab but not a major issue.

The centre where I had my jab, Scarborough Rugby Club, was fantastically well organised!

GG

Got mine today - NHS telephoned on the landline yesterday evening, asked a few questions and asked if I'd come forward today at the local leisure centre. As you said, superbly well organised and efficient, in and out in 20 minutes, included 15 minutes sit-down after the wee jag. Didn't feel a thing. Very happy to have had the first dose.

On 18/02/2021 at 20:10, Geoff S said:

We had ours just over 5 weeks ago and we're both fine now and neither of us had any bad effects beyond a very slight stiffness for about a day.  Looking forward to our next appointment with Mr Pfizer and then, hopefully, a degree of freedom.  The organisation at our local small hospital was faultless, with lots of help. I quite enjoyed being the youngest in the room for a change as it was a couple of days after my 81st birthday and all the rest were octogenarians, too (apart from the staff, of course.)

Geoff

Had mine at same place last week (Astra Zeneca), wife 2 days ago (Pfizer). No after effects for either of us except slight arm ache for wife. Excellent organisation/service.