BMFA Classsifieds

Advert

58 minutes ago, Andy Symons - BMFA said:

You are looking at the contact form which only shows if you are logged in and is used to contact the advert owner, it prepopulates your name and email address and is only visible to you when logged in, nobody else sees your details.  Click the logout button in the top right hand corner to log out

Yes I see that now. Thought It was visible to every one.

• 7 months later...
30 minutes ago, Wilco Wingco said:

I have replied to 3 adverts in the last week on this site. So far no reply from either even though the message has been sent, according to the BMFA site. Is the messaging facility still working or are sellers nort responding or marking their items as sold 😏

There are a lot of either lazy or just rude sellers on any classified sites. The most annoying are the ones who contact you want to know all the ins and outs arrange to call around and that's the last you hear of them, or start making  ridiculous offers with no inte tonight of buying.  Mindless idiots abound in our society and ruin these sites for honest folk.

Tes

Edited by Engine Doctor

As an occasional seller on the BMFA classifieds I found that sometimes the replies weren't forwarded through email and were waiting in the message inbox on the site and this is why I missed them. This was before they changed the format, now there doesn't seem to be a message system on the site. I think there might still be a bug in their system that doesn't always forward replies through email.

Edited by Andy Stephenson

7 hours ago, Engine Doctor said:

There are a lot of either lazy or just rude sellers on any classified sites. The most annoying are the ones who contact you want to know all the ins and outs arrange to call around and that's the last you hear of them, or start making  ridiculous offers with no inte tonight of buying.  Mindless idiots abound in our society and ruin these sites for honest folk.

Tes

Never had any issues with annoying sellers as you describe. If a seller wants to know the ins and out of the item he's selling that's up to him and if he promises to come around that's even better.

16 hours ago, Jason Channing said:

Never had any issues with annoying sellers as you describe. If a seller wants to know the ins and out of the item he's selling that's up to him and if he promises to come around that's even better.

Its not a problem telling the ins and out etc  but when they promise to come to look and  you wait in for them and they just dont turn up its rude and annoying . You have been very lucky .

On 26/09/2022 at 10:36, Wilco Wingco said:

I have replied to 3 adverts in the last week on this site. So far no reply from either even though the message has been sent, according to the BMFA site. Is the messaging facility still working or are sellers nort responding or marking their items as sold 😏

Must admit, as a prospective buyer I have recently experienced the same.  I’ve recently replied to a number of adverts, admittedly not with a “I’ll take it”, but with the more usual opening enquiries such as “is it still for sale”.

For the most part I received no response.  At one point I thought that it might be a fault with the BMFA messaging system but then I did get a detailed response from a really helpful guy so I guess the messages are getting through.

It is rather frustrating but it is quite common on sales sites - but I guess you also get issues with sellers too.

Cheers,

Nigel

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, Andy Stephenson said:

This seller has multiple items listed so I thought I might contact him through one of his other ads.

Should I report this to the BMFA to see if they are having a problem with their message handling system.

Yes you should . I often  see similar statements on our village website such as should I call the Police etc. Forums and websites are useful but... they have their limitations

32 minutes ago, Engine Doctor said:

Yes you should . I often  see similar statements on our village website such as should I call the Police etc. Forums and websites are useful but... they have their limitations

To be honest, these days, I’d feel more confident of reporting serious crime to the BMFA than to the Police - more likely to get an actual response.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nigel Heather said:

To be honest, these days, I’d feel more confident of reporting serious crime to the BMFA than to the Police - more likely to get an actual response.

The point Im making Nigel is that its no good putting it up on a forum . I never suggested informing the police , that was just an example of posting on forums when you should be contacting the appropriate body. 

• Like 1