Radiomaster Noob

Keith Billinge

So I fly mostly Spektrum and apart from the prices suddenly skyrocketing for my chosen RX's (AR 410 & AR 620) I've been very pleased with it.

I do have a few planes with different protocols in them and these seem to be the sort of "Toy" models with the inbuild RX and Gyro and they come with an awful TX.

To improve my experience with these models I have ordered the Radiomaster Zorro with 4-in-1 module which should also be able to bind with my spektrum stuff, if need be.

My question is: What Radiomaster/Other Receivers would you experienced folks recommend if I decide to build some of my own budget models. I have in mind a depron streamer combat plane and a cheap motor glider.

Cheers

KB

0010751_radiomaster-zorro-elrs.jpeg

I like the Lemon receivers with my Radiomaster TX16s. Well made, reliable, good range and good price. In my boats I like the Flysky, should try them in the air too.

I've also used Hitec, Radiomaster and Spektrum RX's. The only issues I've had is with the Hitec so I no longer use them with the RM.

Lemons are my favourite though.

I recently purchased the RM TX16S. Updated to latest EDGE TX. I also have Spektrum kit and have successfully bound some of the Spektrum Receivers.

The RM TX will be used for electric whilst the Spektrum eventually will control my i.c. models.

EDGE TX is quite a learning curve and I have found Youtube a treasure trove, in particular Painless360 and RC Video Reviews.

Thing is the system is clearly v good for quad fliers. 

For fixed wing it is also good, however if not careful you can find yourself being sucked into a world of sensors and mixing which in truth you do not need, its exponents  will hail the stuff it can do, and rightly so.

I have to question on occasions do I need it, does it aid me, is it a safety feature.

I am not knocking just giving my take on it, as I am entitled to do having purchased it an some other ancillary components.

Would I recommend it, value for money for certain, learning curve there certainly is.

As an aside if you want an ELRS module see the BMFA classified.