My Warbirds Replicas FW190 build.

Eric Robson

White band sprayed on in matt primer Black mat primer sprayed behind cowl, brown B and Q stock tester pot Luxurious walnut coat1 brushed on. Bad choice for painting on brown paper 😠 .

The pilot of the original Erich Rudorffer survived the war and died in 2016 aged 99.

The pilot of this Warbirds version Eric Robson survived the war and hopes the plane survives the Maiden. 

20231224_201329.jpg

20231224_201340.jpg

Edited by Eric Robson
  • Like 4

Started with the decorations, well it is Christmas. Due to an oversight mine were not in the kit so I am making my own,  I have some offcuts of matt white vinyl so after masking it is sprayed matt black,  both sides and underneath done, pity the wing top ones are different to the underneath or they would have been finished. Time to get ready now off for Christmas Dinner with the family. 

20231225_102604.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eric Robson said:

All set up and batteries charged, 

Fingers crossed for the weather,  very windy right now. 

To all 190 builders sand the plastic parts before painting plastic primer alone is not enough. 

20231225_230923.jpg

Good grief. I’ve got club mates who take longer than that to put an ARTF together. And the end result looks brilliant! Good luck for the maiden. 

• Thanks 1

Sunny day not a cloud in sight, wind about 15 mph strong gusts . Four flyers leaving, too windy,  I was advised not good for a Maiden flight. I walked over to the flight line with Terry who arrived with me and after some deliberation I decided to give it a try. After checks Terry pointed it into the wind and a gentle launch seen it climb away straight and level, elevator a bit sensitive  needed 3 notches of down, ailerons OK on low rates but need high for a decent roll after 4.5 minutes brought it in to land, a bit tricky with the gusts but OK second time round 45% left in the battery.  On landing the motor mount came loose so advise beefing it up with triangle balsa. 

Very pleased with the results, another winner from Richard. 

20231226_110248.jpg

• Like 11