Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

Advert

13 hours ago, Steve Colman said:

I have fond memories of Rega and Linn turntables - your post has just taken me back years.

My Rega Planar 3 is not a memory. Bought in 1988 it’s still going strong, despite being mostly usurped by a streaming media player and Spotify these days.

1 hour ago, EvilC57 said:

My Rega Planar 3 is not a memory. Bought in 1988 it’s still going strong, despite being mostly usurped by a streaming media player and Spotify these days.

I have a close competitor to the Regas which I bought in 1984 - The "Revolver". It presently resides in my Mother's loft - I hope to rescue it soon. I may not use it but I might use it as a piece of wall art.

14 minutes ago, Steve Colman said:

I have a close competitor to the Regas which I bought in 1984 - The "Revolver". It presently resides in my Mother's loft - I hope to rescue it soon. I may not use it but I might use it as a piece of wall art.

You could always get one of these, you’ll need to sell a kidney or three...

https://ripcaster.co.uk/Linn_Sondek_LP12-50

1 hour ago, EvilC57 said:

Linn prices have always been extortionate. I see nothing's changed 😲!

I think the basic price of the Linn LP12 in the 80's was about 400 notes without arm and cartridge. I spent many hours in the "Audiofile" in Bishops Stortford listening to all sorts of gear that was way, way over my price range. Linn Lp12 + Naim amps + Linn Isobariks. Oh what happy days.

17 minutes ago, Steve Colman said:

I think the basic price of the Linn LP12 in the 80's was about 400 notes without arm and cartridge. I spent many hours in the "Audiofile" in Bishops Stortford listening to all sorts of gear that was way, way over my price range. Linn Lp12 + Naim amps + Linn Isobariks. Oh what happy days.

It’s the law of diminishing returns with hi-fi. The difference between a £250 turntable and a £500 turntable will be audible, however the differences between one at £25000 one and one costing £50000 probably less so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Futura57 said:

Apologies if this has already been posted. I just received it from a friend...I nearly soiled myself 🤣

You really think there aren't men that are just as clueless?  I once had a trainee on a yacht when I was 1st mate who didn't understand that pulling on one end of a rope had an effect at the other end - and he had a very good 1st class degree in maths - I was told.  OTOH one of the best engineers working for me was a woman.

10 minutes ago, Geoff S said:

You really think there aren't men that are just as clueless?  I once had a trainee on a yacht when I was 1st mate who didn't understand that pulling on one end of a rope had an effect at the other end - and he had a very good 1st class degree in maths - I was told.  OTOH one of the best engineers working for me was a woman.

Triggered.

If the video had no caption and/or it was a male (since I firmly believe there are only two genders) it would still be hilarious.

• Like 2