Ebay sellers...

Posted by Peter Miller on 07/05/2016 18:31:39:

Either the room was on fire or it was a very foggy day

I reckon he was using one of those "special" cameras that so many ebay sellers seem to use - the sort that give you a vague, washed-out, nearly-in-focus image that gives you a vague impression of what the goods look like without there being any risk of you seeing their true condition!

How refreshingly different is the set of images on the marine engine listing.

• 2 weeks later...
Advert

Posted by Justin K. on 31/05/2016 09:24:41:

Well here's an optimistic one. Looks as tho it may be delivered in a Rolls Royce too.

Edited By Justin K. on 31/05/2016 09:25:07

Well, I'm also a Rolls-Royce engineer of 40 years standing but I'm no better than an average builder And I used to count down any potential graduate or under-grad trainee at interview if they thought we made cars.

That's another eBay advert that tells you nothing of value apart from some badly posed pictures. No mention of the engine type, size or manufacturer (though it looks like a four stroke silencer) and it gives no indication of the wing span.

I'd take a bet that it gets zero bids even though it looks like a nicely built model.

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 31/05/2016 12:34:55:
Posted by Justin K. on 31/05/2016 09:24:41:

Well here's an optimistic one. Looks as tho it may be delivered in a Rolls Royce too.

Edited By Justin K. on 31/05/2016 09:25:07

That's another eBay advert that tells you nothing of value apart from some badly posed pictures. No mention of the engine type, size or manufacturer (though it looks like a four stroke silencer) and it gives no indication of the wing span.

I'd take a bet that it gets zero bids even though it looks like a nicely built model.

Geoff

It says OS Fourstroke, no size, though the model is 64 inch span so I'd guess at a .90 and apparently Futarba servos and RX

Edited By Andrew Jarvis 1 on 31/05/2016 13:11:30

No guns! In fact a very noticeable lack of detail. Paint edge looks a bit rought round the edges of the tailplane and the finish on the fin is not really metallike.

As an average nicely made model,fine! as a specially commissioned price unlimited model. No. I don't think so.

If it's such a "no expense spared" model why has it got the silencer stuck out the bottom? Definitely a club standard model. Just because the builder is a BMFA member who happens to work for Rolls Royce that makes it really special does it? You can join the BMFA with absolutely no building or flying experience and RR also employ cleaners and canteen staff .

Shaunie.

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 06/06/2016 21:07:18:

Looks like he's based his price on the larger 30cc H9 kit which is well over £500. Seeing as I just bought a NIB 60 size BH P47 for £80 do you think he'd be insulted by a similar offer laugh

thats generous of you Bob, I was going to offer him £60.00.