What type of aircraft do you fly the most?

Advert

Sorry but I've had to vote other as the favourite changes with the season.

On a nice summer's day there's nothing better than scale flying with my Cub but then at some point in the afternoon I'll feel the need to put the sticks in the corners with something fast and aerobatic. There again - and this seems to be where BEB and I finally find some different ground - I can enjoy a bit of thermalling with an EP glider.

Another day I'll turn up with some other old friends dug out from my eclectic (not a spelling mistake!) collection, if there's snow, out comes the Limbo Dancer on floats but at the moment, the model I'm finding I want to fly most is my "adequately" powered Seagull YAK 54.

In terms of the most flying over the winter, my little EP Extra 300 has flown week in, week out but I wouldn't call it my favourite - just a quickly prepared flying "fix".

Hmm. I think the results sum it up, I usually fly an average aerobatic sports type but I like a bit of everything.

To be honest I spend more time building than flying but haven’t got the patience to go for a full blown scale warbird, so tend to go for the easy to build, easy to fly sports types.

I voted warbirds and I'm sure that's what I would like to believe. All my models bar one, a Pulse 60, are warbirds so I assumed that I mostly fly warbirds. However, now I think about it the airframe with the most hours on it has to be the Pulse. The warbirds need constant maintenance and tinkering, are more fickle and are definitely more fragile. But the Pulse is always there, regardless of weather or state of the runway. Never any fuelling or cooling issues and no fancy systems to maintain. So maybe I should have voted aerobat?

I voted Jets (EDF), because thats what I like to fly, buts its not what i fly the most. Like many I have a mixed fleet of all types; EDF, warbirds WW2 and WW1, fast aerobats and slopers.

1/4 scale Neiuport 11, 50 size F4U Corsair, 50 size Denight Special, Profile 50 size Extra 260, EDF HK Vampire, EDF Multiplex Twister, Parkfly size P-51, SAS Wildthing get most of my stck time, dependant upon whether i go to the nearest slopes, use the closeby polo fields or go to the airfield.

Chris

Depends on the weather. If windy say up to about 20mph, then I am quite happy flying my Wot 4 foamie or MX2. Nice sunny day then I fly Blaze glider in between my Carbon Yak54 and for a bit of speed and fun then it’s my Stryker. BBQ day, then out comes my Junior 60 with IC 25 in her. Great fun is to take my Wildthing up the slope for some 25 to 45 mph thrills. I have still to fly an early 80's Pattern ship and an Aggressor 240 with Moki 210 up front. I have found that I am getting very lazy, as IC motors are a lot of trouble setting up and all the additional items required. I find electric is clean and easy to transport about. I nearly forgot, I also have a Blade 400 3d helicopter, waiting my attention. In reality almost anything will do, that my pocket can afford. Lately with the weather being so, how can I politely put it, inclement, I have bought a small quadcopter and play with that in doors.>>

I voted high performance aerobatic as I rarely go flying without at least one, more likely two or three, aerobatic models. Maybe a modern ARTF such as the Katana or Extra but more likely an older design such as the Tornado, Skybolt or similar.

On the right day I'll take the vintage cabin Eros or a WW1 type bipe but there will alwys be something more lively packed alongside it for the real entertainment.

At the moment almost exclusively slope soarers. Currently the survey is showing about 4th most popular answer - so hopefully will result in a free glider plan? dont know Just a thought.

I have a slope nearby and there's no fuss or form. Check batteries, check range, chuck. Some time later pack up and go home. No mess No fuss. Easy. I've got at least one power model to maiden - finished it over a year ago! And another on the building board.

Ian

It's an interesting one, and the comments and responses seem to indicate that, like me, most poeple fly most things !. Typically, I'll bung in the car:

WOT4 (60FS), Back Horse Yak 54 (60TS) if I go t th main filed - not been for months though !

Elektro Junior S, ST FW190, Mini Ultra Stik, Jamara Spacewalker (small electric), Webbit, FMS Tempest, Hobby King Spad, As3X Sbach, UMS Trojan.

Most days I fly my mcpx and occsionnally I'll fly my Blade Huey in the garden.

VERY occasionally, I'll also zoom about in the RC car

GG

Hi David, It's a difficult one to answer 'cos the answer is always changing, Last time I flew, it was a fun fly. I've a couple of leccy gliders ready to test when it gets a bit warmer. And a your Lysander on the board.

Maybe a 1st 2nd etc poll would be better

ernie

bendum

I put other,because I fly a wide range of models i have seven flying wings favorites at the moment are a Wingamajig and a Radjet others are a Rapier, Plankton,Projeti,Sushi,currently building a BlomVoss 212 jet powered WW2wing that never actualy flew. A stretched Pete Miller BigShip, a Will Beavour DH Venom yet to be tested and a Dart Kitten designed by Pete Nicholson yet to be tested when we get some suitable weather also a Kysho T33 with a Mega3 wind and 4Life123 goes very well,irunning out of room for any more but this months Autogyro looks tempting i will put it the pending tray.

Bendum