Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

3 hours ago, Charles Pic said:

My working assumption is that Mercedes will have managed to understand and reverse the misstep they took with last year’s car and that if their redesign for this year corrects the characteristic which limited them so much in 2022, the potential of their “zero sidepod” concept might start to really be seen. It should, after all, be something of an advantage to not have big sidepods hanging off the car.

Two alpha drivers can be an issue if the team has a dominant car, but I suppose even if they take a good step forward they might only be in contention for wins rather than out in front of the pack. I’m looking forward to seeing the Russell Hamilton fight again this year as it seemed the young gun had the measure of the champ at times last year, but Lewis is a wily fox at this stage of his career and surely knows that his teammate is there to learn from him, so in an uncompetitive car last year, what point was there to pull all the tricks out of Lewis’s deep magic hat?  I’m betting that only if the Merc is competitive will we see Lewis at the top of his game, and when he digs deep I do certainly expect he can beat young George in the same car. 

Your argumentation seems very solid to me, Charles.

Allow me to have a slightly different approach. Merc were still quite unconsistent at the end of the season and still had +/- 1 sec. deficit.

Of course they will have improved for this new season, but so are RB and Ferrari. The same gap could still be very present.

If Lewis still has his magic tricks at hand, young Georges seems to be learning very fast...

I'm convinced that the pecking order of the championship will depend in majority on the speed of development by the teams during the season.

As for Devries, giving him a few races, my best guess is that he will outperform Yuki while the GAS/OCO battle might develop in a epic way.

This is just some kind of stomac feeling and as I wrote, I could be very wrong...

Anyhow, thank you all for your best wishes, gents.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by McG 6969

Welcome back, Zflyer.

I think the Fantasy budget cap remains very coherent if you only pick last year's 'back of the grid' !

Regarding 'Just Willaim' and the 'Outlawa', I can guess it must be a typo... ???  ...

Very probably Mr Crompton isn't very happy with it...

Cheers

Chris

1 hour ago, kc said:

Chris- best of luck.

Richmal Crompton was a lady so it's Miss Crompton to thank for all those great Just William books from our childhood!

... oops... apologies to Miss Crompton then, of course.

Obviously due to my Belgian roots, I'm more familiar with the authors of Gaston Lagaffe, Lucky Luke or Tintin...

Thanks for your wishes, KC.

Cheers

Chris

Chris, I hope that everything goes well and look forward to your swift recovery.

With team selection  I’ve had to make a few uncomfortable  choices and no doubt the usual reshuffle will take place following completion of the first Saturday free practice.  
Looking forward to the start of the season!

• Thanks 1

O`k to confuse us even more there are changes to how points are calculated........ I didnt even give it a thought till today........ this makes selecting your team harder ? { it would only be harder with more millions and as we dont have it doesnt really make a difference. )