Hurrah! Spring's finally here, how much flying are you getting in?

What a winter eh! It looked as if we might skip spring and advance straight to summer (or autumn) but yesterday was very nice down in Kent albeit with a chilly 13mph breeze and a few stronger gusts.

Managed to start work on the photography backlog. Today looks like it'll be flyable too.

yak54j.jpg

Anyone else making the most of it?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 07/04/2013 06:26:10

We've got a four month old so there was no way the first sunny day of the year would be a day at rhe flying field. We walked to our nearest stately home and went round the grounds. But i did manage to take along my dx8 and mqx quad and had some great flights in the grounds- managed to do my first rolls and loops.

Perfect here in Herefordshire - 2 sessions yesterday in 10C, warm sun and nice breeze. Expect same today, bit more overcast but nice and still - have to make the most of it according to the forecast!

Only negative is I got my first sun burn of the year - Oh I wish I had some hair!

Edited By Masher on 07/04/2013 07:44:02

First decent day of the year so far!!

So today I am loadingt the car and going flying (not).

Eldest son getting married soon and today is the only day all the menfolk are avaliable to go get measured for our "monkey suits!!".

Hopefully back in time to fly a few packs in my P-40.

Not going to hold my breath though.

Kev

Posted by Kevin Fairgrieve on 07/04/2013 08:40:37:

First decent day of the year so far!!

So today I am loadingt the car and going flying (not).

Eldest son getting married soon and today is the only day all the menfolk are avaliable to go get measured for our "monkey suits!!".

Hopefully back in time to fly a few packs in my P-40.

Not going to hold my breath though.

Kev

So got back in plenty of time. By 1pm I was at the field and throwing the Magician around.

Had a few good flights.

So thats my flying season over coz the wind and rain are sure to return.

Kev

Edited By Kevin Fairgrieve on 07/04/2013 16:46:48

Good to see you at Greenacres ARC.

After watching yesterdays weather and not being able to go, it was good to see decent weather again today.

I had a few good flights this afternoon, but it started to get cold later on. It was good to get out there again though!
I even maidened someone elses model, which went perfectly - phew!

Two days, two flying days.

On sat, flew: YT Clipped Wing 1/4 Cub. Test flown on new Futaba FASSest 2.4 RX (prev 35mhz)
then CMpro C160 Transall; BH T-28 Trojan 15cc size and test flew Eflite Mig-15 UMX, as well as the F-27Q Stryker YMX Size.

Today test flew a 1/4 Sopwith Pup, 1/4 J3 Cub with a Gemini 160 FT, Wot4XL, Cmpro Zero and Diamond 600 converted from chuck glider to electric rc.

Hi Chris,

Yes it was good to finally meet up and get a little stick time as well. Met some of the IC lads prior to 2pm as well . Its a good club with decent chaps.

Managed to find skip lane this time on my way home which vertually takes me right to the M6.

Now I've flown off the strip, I can't wait to get my Tucano down there and try her out.

Fancy doing the maiden Chris !!!!!! lol.

smile

Yeah - flew for the first time in ages today in Stone, Staffs. 4 flights, 2 each with the MP Fun Jet and Twinstar... a good way to blow away all the balsa dust they had gathered having been sat in my workshop since October last year when they were last flown... Anyway, the weather was great and all the models were brought back safe after a well needed thrashing. cool

Hurrah indeed! Managed to get out for a good chunk of time this afternoon, had 7 flights in total, 2 on the Acro Wot, 2 on the funfighter and 3 on the Stinger. All home safely. Bit too windy to maiden the recently completed Diamon Demon but there is no hurry.

One bit of excitement came when I believe a model lost all radio contact and proceeded to land on the bonnet of the club chairmans nice Audi, skidding up the wind screen and coming to rest on the other side of a road! Club safety officer was promptly on the scene making sure all the paperwork was properly filled in.

Johnny, blimey 24 flights is good going, there I was thinking I had done well wink

Edited By Robin Kearney on 07/04/2013 19:29:49

Well I can't match 24 flights either! But I didn't do too badly at all with good outings for the Sbach and Extra and a maiden for the P2000.

I had an excellent all-day session yesterday in the sunshine. Although today was colder, windier and very grey, that didn't stop me making it two in row and another good half day's flying.

So, is this the start of the season? I don't think so sadly. The forecast for next week does not look good - rain, rain and,...er.....oh yeah, rain. sad

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/04/2013 20:26:29

Same here Andy. Flew the Super Sixty yesterday, re-engined with an old Merco 35; it went very well. Also flew my Foamy WOT 4 and electric Telemaster 40.

Flew them again today before other committments forced me to leave at lunch time. Found that the Super Sixty could fly for 15 minutes before the tank ran out.