Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Posted by trebor on 03/03/2020 23:44:19:
Posted by Richard Harris on 01/03/2020 19:27:35:

Maidened my OOWAH combat flying wing today, handled the 20 odd mph gusts ok. Good fun.......for a fixed wing wink 2

20200301_191417.jpg

Where does one get the kit or plan ?

…………………………………………………………...

just ordered a OOWAH today from IAD designs,after seeing the model on this thread.are people using the 2400kv motors? or their own choice,i have 1200kv motor and may use that..

ken anderson...ne..1.... OOWAH dept.

All of those wet and windy days over the last 3 - 4 weeks have meant that I’ve been able to get some models ready plus I couldn’t resist the Havok as I’ve always liked fast ‘planes. This one doesn’t disappoint especially once the standard prop is ditched and an APC 8x8 fitted. I have fitted a stabiliser Rx (FrSky S6R) but to be honest I switched it off after 4 flights as it’s rock steady. The only problem is that I keep breaking props as I’m landing it too hot, it takes a long while to slow down so I’m now using spoilerons to help slow it plus I’m going to use a folding prop and am currently 3D printing a spinner for it. Oh yes, nearly forgot, on Saturday I’m going to try it out with a 5s, should be interesting!

Posted by Richard Harris on 01/03/2020 19:27:35:

Maidened my OOWAH combat flying wing today, handled the 20 odd mph gusts ok. Good fun.......for a fixed wing wink 2

20200301_191417.jpg

......………………………………………………………..

ordered my oowah wed pm,delivered thurs am...thumbs up for IAD in Scotland...watt motors are you(owners ) using?

ken anderson...ne..1...oowah dept.

Posted by Tim Ballinger on 06/03/2020 15:37:53:

Peter,

Glad it went well. You lost me with the half crown reference . Turns on a sixpence I can do and I certainly remember half crowns but together in one expression ?

Tim

Lets just say that it is an old expression relating to the sphinter muscles

Peter,

Glad it went well. You lost me with the half crown reference . Turns on a sixpence I can do and I certainly remember half crowns but together in one expression ?

Tim

Posted by Peter Miller on 06/03/2020 18:15:06:

Peter,

Tim

I think you were being cheeky.

wink 2

Posted by kevin b on 06/03/2020 20:32:19:
Posted by Peter Miller on 06/03/2020 18:15:06:

Peter,

Tim

I think you were being cheeky.

wink 2

I will clench my jaw at that one

as mentioned previous, I'm building a kit from IAD designs..... the OOWAH,anyway i'm near the mark to finishing it off and needed some more of the flame decals.i phoned up and asked Iain at IAD for some and how much please...he said he would pop some in the post and they arrived today at no charge what ever......so a massive thumbs up and thankyou to IAD designs from me.

ken anderson ne...1....thanks dept.