What's the main radio brand you fly?

We ran this poll getting on for 3 years ago now but thought it would be interesting too see how/if things have changed. Whether Spektrum have caught up Futaba, if Taranis is making an impression, and so on.....

I'm still a Futaba flyer myself, it has never let me down but Spektrum comes a close second by virtue of the bind'n'fly models available, especially during the indoor season.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 15/04/2014 07:29:39

A couple of years ago when returning to our hobby after a long break my radio choice was influenced by the compatibility with Bind 'n' Fly hence I am a Spektrum user.

The DX6i I bought has served me well, I have no real reason to change although my interest has been taken by the touch screen programming of the Aurora 9X

I wouldn't consider myself a potential Taransis user at the moment.

Just changed to a Taranis. Still have a DX7s and am waiting for my Orange module to come for my BNF models and then the Spektrum is gong to a club member.

The hike in Spektrum RX prices made me change and the Taranis price and features was the clincher...

Nearly all all my (umpteen) single-channel & reeds conversions are Frsky - and it seems to be the module of choice for most retro R/C enthusiasts - but theres no Frsky option in the poll unless you're a Taranis user! smiley

'Other' seems unfair on Frsky, they're a major player now and dominate the conversion market.

Cheers

Phil

Futaba since 1979. However, I have one Futaba 6EX (ex 35MHz with FrSky hack module) and a Taranis on order. Ask the same question again in 12 months time.. Not sure how I will answer

I also have a Spektrum DX6i for helis..

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 15/04/2014 09:21:12

I use a Turnigy 9X for helis, quad and gliders and a Turnigy 9XR with FrSky module for planes. The versitility and programming options oln the Turnigy radios coupled with the cost of the receivers makes it a no-brainer for me!

Also never had any RX problems with either and they're used in gliders with FG & carbon fuselages and nitro helis with lots of high frequency vibration!

JR, using DSM-2 so that I can use Spektrum as well as JR Rxs. I have recently bought a JR XG11 and a couple of DMSS Rx for it, mainly for the telemetry features and the robust Tx/Rx radio link (hopefully!).

Been tempted by Hitec's new Aurora 9 as well as the Spektrum DX-9 but in the end bought JR again. Brand loyalty!

Taranis has taken precedence now, but I've still got lots of models set up on my Futaba FF9 - except that is really a FrSky conversion.

Phil G, I don't know whether the RF output section should count, my impression is that the question is really 'whose case and user interface do you use' rather than whose transmission protocol.

I feel a bit of a luddite as I still use a Futaba 9CAP, but since this is a modular transmitter I have been able to fly some of the excellent Parkzone models by fitting a Spektrum module when necessary

I have also expanded the model memories by fitting a CAMPAC.

I'm not in any hurry to change transmitters as this TX has a very comprehensive set of mixing functions so hopefully I will have several more years of good service from it!